Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

servoeyes

Just a brilliant dramedy...I got back from it a little while ago. It just makes you realize what an amazing emotion love is.

Great interaction between Carrey and Winslet. They are the main people to watch here, but Ruffalo, Wood, Dunst and Wilkenson are all excellent support. The script is fun...it takes itself just serious enough. But the key is the story...it's a little predictable, but beyond that, it's just extremely well thought out. Loops are tied and everything fits...it fits just so well, that you might think you just intruded on the lies of these people.

If you couldn't tell, I highly recommend going to see this film. Don't expect typical Carrey on the screen. It's much more than that...and he's perfect in the role. So is Winslet...Don't go with preconceptions, just go to enjoy it (if this is the type of film you like).

Micah said:
downloading already
Awwww man...I can't say anything bad. But if you do like it, take someone out to see it in the theater...I know I know...everyone else will, but it just makes me feel better. :D

Kate Winslet was so hot in The Titanic, then she blew up because she got pregnant, but she is looking pretty good again.

beautiful movie. excellent direction on michel gondry's part and wonderful acting. a must see.

so its like the acting in "the truman show"! Kool

just watch liar liar last night. Funny as hell!!!!

"the pen is BLUE!!"

SpicyMSP said:
I heard it was a depressing dark movie. Is this true?
Nope...whoever said that didn't understand the premise. Believe it or not, it's very uplifting...it's a reaffirmation of the power of love. Very interesting subject matter for Kaufman.

Just saw the movie tonight, I thought it was brilliant....first movie in a long time that looks at 2 people being in love without getting unnecessarily sentimental or melodramatic. I need to see it again for all the stuff I probably missed.

servoeyes said:
Nope...whoever said that didn't understand the premise. Believe it or not, it's very uplifting...it's a reaffirmation of the power of love. Very interesting subject matter for Kaufman.
Damn dude why don't you just rip your testes off and sew on some ovaries.
(evil) (laugh) (evil)

yashooa said:
Damn dude why don't you just rip your testes off and sew on some ovaries.
(evil) (laugh) (evil)
Sorry...I lost them for a few minutes. What I meant to say was that it needed more explosions for no reason (like in Bedazzled where the coke factory blows up).

It's a good movie...and I thought it would be depressing (I recently broke up with my girlfriend of 4 1/2 years, an artist...see the connection?), but it's not. It made me feel a bit better.

MisterT said:
Kate Winslet was so hot in The Titanic, then she blew up because she got pregnant, but she is looking pretty good again.
saggy boobs though - grrr.

Though she might have had work done now, or perhaps it's just a push up bra.

gravity works

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was beautiful. I don't use that word often to describe a movie. The very concept of the film was incredible. The plot is merely a subtheme to the framing of a relationship as viewed in reverse.

By seeing the relationship at it's breaking point, and then watching it in reverse back to the moment they first meet - it really makes you appreciate every relationship you have ever had. The internal dialogues that he held with other characters were incredibly well executed. Everything about this movie just fit in. There were no moments where you would pay more attention to the special effects than you would to the actual events taking place. That is the mark of truly good filmmaking when using effects.

I'm watching it for the second time at work right now (telesync svcd) and it's just as entertaining the second time. You don't need to watch this movie over and over, but you can. When you finally reach the end of the movie, and every single piece fits - it's amazing. You don't need to look through it a second time to be sure. Everything just works. Upon viewing a second time, it's just as impressive to watch as the first time.

Back