Estimated Value of OEM 20 Wheels/Tires/TPMS

Rawyzf

Contributor
:
2011 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
I'm thinking of selling the stock 2011 CX9 20" OEM wheels, tires, tpms.

They are rash, dent, ding free, and the tires have about 10K on them with no patches or plugs.

What do you think a fair asking price is? I looked in the FS section, didnt see any recent posts to judge value.

Thanks,
Ryan

I've seen prices for the wheels only on www.ksl.com for $650 -$1000 . If it were me, I separate wheels from tires, box em up and post them here. Sell the tires on craigslist or any local site. prepare to sit on the wheels for a while since they are pretty niche.

Thanks for the input :)

I will have to check that site out or check out eBay too.

I would be all over this, but don't think the wife is gonna want to spring for this "unneccessary" expense. I agree that selling just the wheels may benefit you more. If you ship just the wheels without tires, it will save you on shipping costs and give people more options for whatever tires they want. Like I said, I'd be all over buying these..... the wife just won't spring lol.

Thanks guys :)

I talked to my wife some, and at the moment she doesn't want to spring for the unecessary cost of getting new wheels either, so they will stay on for the summer months until we win the powerball.

Do you mind me asking if you notice a significant difference in ride quality with the 20" wheels? I have stock 18" that I'd like to upgrade to either your stock 20" or aftermarket ones. If I go aftermarket thinking of maybe jumping up to 20" but if ride quality is much worse probably stick to 18". I noticed your Drag wheels and saw that you were going get the DR-34, those are the ones that I like the look of best so far.

Link doesn't work

Do you mind me asking if you notice a significant difference in ride quality with the 20" wheels? I have stock 18" that I'd like to upgrade to either your stock 20" or aftermarket ones. If I go aftermarket thinking of maybe jumping up to 20" but if ride quality is much worse probably stick to 18". I noticed your Drag wheels and saw that you were going get the DR-34, those are the ones that I like the look of best so far.

Link doesn't work

I don't mind the questions at all.

I can honeslty say, I can tell the difference in 20s vs 18. In the Mazda, the 20s still have enough rubber to protect you from road bumps/cracks and such, so it's not that bad really. You do feel the road more though with 20s. The handling with the 20s seems much better, but then again I am comparing A/S 20" tires to Winter tires which I have on the 18s. Apples to Oranges comparision.

I like how the 18s ride though, seems softer, the way I picture a SUV. Mazda has good suspension and the CX9 has a nice car feel to it, and with 20's you get that feel even more.

Now, my G8, I've had 20s and 18s as well. In that car, 20s were pretty rough on the road, because I had to run a 25 and 30 series tire, so not much protection to absorb the road bumps/noise. I prefer 18s in the car.

Cool thanks for the input, I had an older mustang that I went through the same issues. I like the look of the 20" but don't use this as a sports car so want as comfortable as a ride as an SUV can give. Probably, will stick with the 18" then. Thanks for your input.

No prob.

I agree, 20s usually look better. But I like the comfort of the 18s.

CX-9 has a pretty stiff ride to begin with, went to a 22 inch well for the look. Had a 35 series tire and then switched to a 265/40/22, much improved and not noticeably different than the stock 20's
My.02

I just put a set of Zinik Z32 20" Chrome wheels on mine. My OEM wheels are for sale. The Parts Dept at my dealer says that the wheels retail for ~ $530/wheel, which seems obscene to me. If anyone here wants them you can make me an offer and I will definitely consider it seriously.

Thanks and God bless you!

Just in case someone is looking to sell thier OEM stuff, here are some price points.

SOLD the OEM wheels for $1000.

SOLD the OEM tires for $250 with 8/32 left on them (70%).

Kept the TPMS for the new wheels.

Back