Espelir Springs for Protege5

BlueMP5Dave

:
2005 Winning Blue RX-8
I am now rolling on the best springs for the Protege5. I was rolling on a Eibach Pro-kit. These springs offer a 35mm (1.4 inch) drop on front and rear. The are linear instead of progressive they ride ten times smoother than Eibach. The spring rates are aggressive at 179 front and 157 rear. Turn in is outstanding, and the car corners much flatter. Look for the GB coming shortly.

link to tech stats
http://www.mackinindustries.com/espelir_spring.html

espilir%20springs.jpg

espelir2.jpg

Rear Spring Comparison next to Eibach
pics%20022[1].jpg

Front Spring compared to Eibach
closeup.jpg

Last edited:
The rear one one does not look linear. In fact, I'd bet money that it's progressive.
Nice drop though.

Dave, how soon are you planning the GB? I want these springs! Please tell me that you'll ship to Toronto, Canada too!

Your spring rates are incorrect according to the url you list above, which states they are 3.2k front and 2.8k rear.
3.2kg/mm is equal to 179.19 lb/in for the front springs
2.8kg/mm is equal to 156.79 lb/in for the rear springs

Mike R said:
The rear one one does not look linear. In fact, I'd bet money that it's progressive.
Nice drop though.
They are listed as linear, if they are not then I will work on the details. I know they ride far better than the Eibachs and the drop is much more extreme and level than my Eibachs ever looked.

More important are the handling characteristics of the car afterword... Did it feel stiffer in the corners? Oh, and by the by, it does look like a setup similar to that of iON's springs; Linear rate in front, progressive in the rear, but did anyone else notice that the tighter coiling was on the top of the rear rather than the bottom? I wonder if that has something to do with the more comfortable ride.

Through the corners the Eibachs tended to allow the rear end to let go if I pushed to hard they felt as though the rear wheels were chattering. The Espelir's don't have this issue, I pushed them harder and faster and the car remained flat. I also noticed that the high speed float that I felt with the Eibachs is now gone.

Nice springs. I was waiting to see what the hub-bub was all about....

Too bad I havent' even put my h&r's in yet.

I think I'm sold......

Rishie himself informed me about these springs a few weeks ago when I visited AutoRnD. Very impressive show room by the way

I didnt think anything would compare to the Eibachs after all the good word on the board about them. But after hearing from Rishies personal experience, this is probably the set up I will go with.

(guess I have to change my sig.....(boom01))

Question: Do you suggest a rear sway bar? (AWR with the end links of course).

Thanks, and nice ride
SpookyP5
(thumb)

Just put mine on. One set left. Sold out. I'm gonna test drive right now. It's nice to be like you dave.. HP's and Espelir. dude the blue struts with the blue springs looks DOPE.

THanks for the feedback Dave. I too have now demoted myself. NO MORE COILOVERS. Now my balls won't bounce off the seat anymore. hehe.

Yes definitely recommend a rear sway bar. That is in stock as well 21.5 and Trailing links as well. All sitting right here. I'll take you for a drive. i want Roy to drive mine to since he has eibachs.

Thanks, Rishie

It is a mix and match on these. It wasn't until today that I even saw them out of a box. I'm gonna look tomorrow, so much s*** we had to do today that i can't even remember. But the specs do not indicate a range.

I'm gonna drive Roy's car and compare to mine, vice versa. And we'll both to a "Car and Driver" like editorial. hehe.

THEY ARE LESS EXPENSIVE THAN EIBACH. PM Dave for special pricing. We prefer to do this in packages for you. Let us know. We will post package pricing. There's all kinds of perks you get for adding to your "cart" like sway bar, trailing links, motor mounts, etc.... Any of AWR parts. Also can do camber plates.

Thanks, Rishie

cool. definitely waiting for the car and driver type editorials. Hopefully one day my company stock will go up instead of down and I'll be able to afford some suspension work.

but I didn't know roy knew howto write.

LOL!!!!!! I'll probably do the writing. He can do the talking, or maybe we'll get Nate to do it with me. hehe. We'll get all of NPOT to to it.

We'll setup a weekly NPOT COLUMN. Founded by Natey, melicha8, foggy, ard. The NPOT council. PreRequisite, you must have a manual protege5. HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Roy, let's do the tranny swap. hehe.

Lates, Rishie

For those who don't know. We came up with, "NorCal Protege Options Team." All JDM, all the TIME. hahahaha. Oh and AWR too.

ARD MP5 said:
LOL!!!!!! I'll probably do the writing. He can do the talking, or maybe we'll get Nate to do it with me. hehe. We'll get all of NPOT to to it.

We'll setup a weekly NPOT COLUMN. Founded by Natey, melicha8, foggy, ard. The NPOT council. PreRequisite, you must have a manual protege5. HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Roy, let's do the tranny swap. hehe.

Lates, Rishie
(protest)

Back