ES Wing on MSP

monkeymsp

:
03 MSP Mica
I was thinking of of sleep-i-fying mine by finding a wrecked ES and getting the wing off it. Will it bolt on in the same loc? Will there be holes I need to fill? What do you guys think?

well, do u have the mp3 style, or the newer version? cuz then there for sure is an extra hole there, that you will need to fill in. Im not sure if the other ones match up perfectly....

I'm with ur on this one... I hate the fact that the spoiler blocks out other people's head lights. IF i remember correctly on the 3.5 and there are 4 holes... but they are allighned wit the spoiler properly. so either way u'll be filling holes.

DZnutz said:
so you wanna gayify ur msp huh
no i just think the spoiler is too big make it kinda like a STI and i hate the STI spoilers. i want one of those big ass adjustable spoilers..... u know the ones on ricers(rice)

hehe j/k

MarkSpark said:
03.5 wings are gay
i think the 03 is worst then the 3.5... but i just dont liek them all that much...

Besides looks does that spoiler have any other use to it? cuz mine seems to rattle at high speeds too.

jersey_emt said:
That's actually my favorite part about the 03.5 spoiler lol

Thats like the only thing I miss about my spoiler sometimes. I love not having every ricer try to race me ,or have people be like look at the rice on that car and them not knowing its stock. I think it needs a little something, but I am not sure what yet. Maybe a lip spolier for the trunk ,who knows.

spoiler is for cornering!!!otherwise unless your doing 150 mph no spoiler actually works.

I like our spoiler. Its a simplified, mediocer version of the STI and EVO. Now that is just too damn big!

03.5 RULZZZZZZZZ

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 867036" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>01Se_to_03MSP</TD><TD class=alt2>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by jersey_emt
That's actually my favorite part about the 03.5 spoiler lol </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thats like the only thing I miss about my spoiler sometimes. I love not having every ricer try to race me ,or have people be like look at the rice on that car and them not knowing its stock. I think it needs a little something, but I am not sure what yet. Maybe a lip spolier for the trunk ,who knows.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>the only thing our speeds need is another 50-100 horsies under the hood. Then the whole appearance of the speed(esp the 03.5) would be forgotten, i.e SRT,STI,EVO. Because even in stock form they aren't to be ****** with, then ugly=nasty=bad mf car.

one of the first mods 03.5 owners should do is remove that damn whale wing..

Last edited:
Personally, I like neither the 03 or 03.5 wing. That's why I have something different.

ES Wing

I hated the 03.5 wing. I'm not sure what the ES model is but I got the wing off a regular protege and it bolted right on. It sits in a good position, so it does not block your sight. The body is essentially a protege w/ a body kit so they is no problem.

On a side note the dealer took 3 days to "find" my stock wing, came back to me with added scratches. Thats ok, it matches the small scratches they added to my #@#$#$ trunk. That scratch is in paint that you can see in the gap of the mazda emblem, any idea how to I can get at it to buff it out without damaging the emblem?

Regarding the downforce, the subaru guy said the wing on the sti provides something like 20lbs of downforce at highspeed. I don't remember the exact speed or weight, but it was not enough to justify the look IMO. Regualr subaru has 4 holes, the sti has eight or something.

itbeme said:
I hated the 03.5 wing. I'm not sure what the ES model is but I got the wing off a regular protege and it bolted right on. It sits in a good position, so it does not block your sight. The body is essentially a protege w/ a body kit so they is no problem.

On a side note the dealer took 3 days to "find" my stock wing, came back to me with added scratches. Thats ok, it matches the small scratches they added to my #@#$#$ trunk. That scratch is in paint that you can see in the gap of the mazda emblem, any idea how to I can get at it to buff it out without damaging the emblem?

Regarding the downforce, the subaru guy said the wing on the sti provides something like 20lbs of downforce at highspeed. I don't remember the exact speed or weight, but it was not enough to justify the look IMO. Regualr subaru has 4 holes, the sti has eight or something.
The ES wing is the regular wing. It's not really an ES wing since it comes an some LXs.

Back