Engine build update...and east coast meet!!!!

palerider

:
mazdaspeed3 black mica
Copy post...

So you all know that ive been on a greek odyssey with this car of mine... i think we finally have a plan.

And boy is it a plan...lol

first a recap. I havent been on this forum as much lately.
Gt3071 goes on, 18psi of boost and a dyno of 346/329. 5k miles , new ic, and mani.... im at around 360-370 best guess, and boom. that was memorial day.
cpe in tandem with extreme motorsports agree to help me, build my new street dragon.
as parts are being delivered i get the news that my car burnt to a crisp in a arsonist shop fire, at extreme motorsports. but did it? no.... psyche....lol it had been moved outside in a trailer!!
so now timetables are pushed back... or even put into doubt permanently.
i start making phonecalls and a new plan is hatched. a plan im real excited about and i hope everybody is as excited as i am.

long story short. the weekend after Labor day(sep 6-7), ken and zach of Protege Garage, are coming to washigton dc to build my motor and get it together for me. thats right!!!!!!! a meet AND a built motor. i dont expect to be in the parking lot outside hanging out by myself while the motor is getting worked on, so.....

its a ******* meet too.....lol

Since the beginning, ken and I have been close... and as time passed with this, it just made more and more sense to get his ass out here to do what he does best(besides sling parts). hes built this motor before, hes supplying the parts, hes never met the cpe guys or myself in person, his last name is Miller, and I plan on drinking tons of Miller lite. It all added up.

Now before I skip over CPEs role in this i need to add, that im grateful that their excited to have ken come steal some thunder. they had alternative options lined up, but selfishly having ken come out just appealed to me. ultimately its still CPEs project and the bulk of the work making the car fast as s*** is gonna be on CPE long after Ken leaves town. plus im sure the whole project wont get done in 2-3 days.... As busy as CPE is with everything else, this just made sense on every level. AND thats with the social part not withstanding!!! this whole process has bogged down for me and I needed to have some fun again. this I think, thanks to all the cooperation involved .....will just be great.

If you live on the east coast and you want a car weekend i cant believe wed have a better start than this. If your in let me know. im thinking we have enough time to all line it up.... get group rates on a hotel, and plan some stuff. Its a great chance to hopefully put some faces with all these avatars. I know alot of the guys ive met already will be there, but to put it out now gives as many guys a chance to be there as possible. Ive talked to a several guys already and i even offered Haltech a free ticket if he gets his ass on the plane...lol

anyhow.... thats whats up!!! Im real happy to have this on my calendar. I dont know if its a meet, or work or what. But since Im paying for all this s***.... for me its a meet. And for the guys that show up.... the planned doorprizes are gonna be great...lol!!!!

Update...
This will be posted on all three forums to hopefully get the best turnout. Weve already got a ton of guys committed.... were even considering a track day, one of the two days, at a track in the dc metro area. check back for details or contact me by pm.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn Randy sounds like someone's exicted ;) who wouldnt be !!! Just wish you were closer saaaaaaaaaaaay somewhere in FL !!!

Cant wait for some pics and the end result of that beast (dyno)

Oh btw how's the VW holding up ???

GTI is holding up good. chipped, intake, torque mount, boost gauge, springs.... its done. (laugh)

ive got at least 30 confirmed publically and privately. Threads are on all three boards..... tentative confirmations from canada to SC to NY/ RI to midwest. i'll look into dyno time and we'll see what the local track schedules are.a bunch of guys are already hoping for that. id think if you all are up for this it might be a good idea to plan coming in friday night to sun night or monday morning. I know a lot of guys are gonna be there still past the weekend working on the car.

I'll contact a local Hampton or something, theres a bunch of motels in the area.... see if I can get group rates on fri, sat, and sun nights for anybody wanting to stay overnight any of those.... there should be local guys willing to open up their homes as well. if anybody is on the edge and cash is tight, contact me privately and I'll see if i can connect that for you.

with this many guys there will have to be a schedule for the meet or there will be a ton of cliqueish pandamonium going on and that will result in a big missed oppurtunity imo.

this is gonna happen and i think its gonna be real fun. not just a car meet, but a memorable weekend.

I hear you bro. Wish I could make it but don't think I'll be able to miss school that week. Good luck with everything.

Oh btw I never told you, but the FMIC is holding up pretty well and there's a noticeably smoother pull. ;) Thanks again bro

I hear you bro. Wish I could make it but don't think I'll be able to miss school that week. Good luck with everything.

Oh btw I never told you, but the FMIC is holding up pretty well and there's a noticeably smoother pull. ;) Thanks again bro

glad to hear that. do you have any pictures posted anywhere?

Hmmmm ken is going to be there i might have to show up. That is if the built motor is in and properly broken in by then

Hmmmm ken is going to be there i might have to show up. That is if the built motor is in and properly broken in by then

motor wont be broken in. it is getting built and installed back with the other stuff.. i'll still need to break it in...break in the clutch... car probably wont be on the dyno until october. this is just a meet, and party for guys wanting such a thing.

im surprised theres so little interest here. were gonna have 50+ guys and a hell of a time... i got 2 guys here that posted.

is there anybody even left on this forum?

man. i'd love to come out.

i think 3k miles is about 2,800 too far. haha. good luck with everything man!

Crap. I'm at a conference for work all that weekend. It's in DC, but I won't be able to make this. And I'm literally spitting distance from the District.

Irony is a cruel mistress.

motor wont be broken in. it is getting built and installed back with the other stuff.. i'll still need to break it in...break in the clutch... car probably wont be on the dyno until october. this is just a meet, and party for guys wanting such a thing.

im surprised theres so little interest here. were gonna have 50+ guys and a hell of a time... i got 2 guys here that posted.

is there anybody even left on this forum?

im talkin about my forged motor im puttin in my msp lol

Yes there are a few, Pale but that is a long way from home and me car aint nasty enough yet to show up for a big deal like this. Have good fun and, I wish I could.

My car will be in infant stages but I will be there for sure. My best friend's birthday is on the 6th but on the 7th I will be down there.

I'm still confused on where we are exactly meeting?

Meet will be at CPE....and then in and around the DC area. I will post schedules and group rates at local hotel/motels the week before labor day. As of right now we are trying to rent one of three local tracks, get some dyno time, have a barbeque, photo shoot, and an evening event hanging out talking, playing cards, shooting the s*** at a rented hall of some sort, maybe at the hotels we crash.

For those guys wanting to stay on the cheap.... many locals have already invited folks to crash their houses. PM me if you need info on this or just wait until the schedule is posted in a couple weeks.

plan is a fri night- sun night weekend. you'll be able to come in at any point and "know where we all are".... with a schedule in hand.

This is going to be HUGE.... and well organized. There are threads on 4 boards.

i was bored so i went through threads on all the boards and made a list.... heres whos tentatively in so far, it seems. Add your name if your coming. For all the events it would be good to know the actual numbers we'll be expecting.

1. palerider
2. Ken and Zack
4. cpe guys(Josh, Jordan, Anthony, Lou)
8. Dada
9. jweller
10. boost me
11. silverspd3
12. laloosh
13. cgburton12
14. darksun280
15. CraigHJr
16. Tizi
17. Whoosh
18. SgtP
19. Lymerock
20. jimmymac
21. yager
22. ssinstaller
23. atomicms3
24. Derek88
25. y2kcowboy
26. cherryspeed
27. superskaterxes
28. 94jedi
29. ate baller
30. crazyitaliano041
31. mrlilguy
32. demi
33. quickspeed6
34. cool whip
35. 08.5TRS3
36. cosmicbluems3
37. mlassek
38. black leaf
39. phannarith
40. Jvoss65
41. yashart_ms3
42. benben01
43. bmman93

several more guys local, and etc that i know are coming but i'll wait til i see a post to add the name...lol semperboost, bnman, all you damn 6 guys.... post up!!!

if youre in add on.

Last edited:
Crap. I'm at a conference for work all that weekend. It's in DC, but I won't be able to make this. And I'm literally spitting distance from the District.

Irony is a cruel mistress.

it will span fri night- sun night.... hopefully you can make it in to say hi.

Why can't anything like this go on down here in the south? I know me and 2 other ms6 guys are always up for a meet.

Back