endlink removal

cut off the endlinks with no problem! put some paint on the bare metal to prevent rust.

HOWEVER, rockauto sent me two different design moog endlinks. they work but one used the allen bolt and nut design like the stock ones and the other uses a nut and nut to tighten it. both had same box and part number. i will email rockauto though to complain and maybe get a replacement. by the time i realizd they were different the old ones were already off so i had to use them.

cut off the endlinks with no problem! put some paint on the bare metal to prevent rust.

HOWEVER, rockauto sent me two different design moog endlinks. they work but one used the allen bolt and nut design like the stock ones and the other uses a nut and nut to tighten it. both had same box and part number. i will email rockauto though to complain and maybe get a replacement. by the time i realizd they were different the old ones were already off so i had to use them.

Really? Your going to complain about getting a perfectly fine part? You said yourself it has the same part number, the person putting it in the boss had no idea they had different bolts.... If it fits and does the job, then I wouldn't complain. Chances are, you will never have to take that bolt off again. And just in case, put some antiseize on it, then you won't have a problem anyway.

I have both a lot of stuff from Rock Auto lately and they have been good to me, don't see a reason to complain about a company that is doing good business.

My $0.02

I hear ya reut...I would want the same item on both sides too. Glad you got them off ok. You think I could cut mine off with just a dremel?

Nevermind, I see that P-Funk was able to do it that way...

Last edited:
Really? Your going to complain about getting a perfectly fine part? You said yourself it has the same part number, the person putting it in the boss had no idea they had different bolts.... If it fits and does the job, then I wouldn't complain. Chances are, you will never have to take that bolt off again. And just in case, put some antiseize on it, then you won't have a problem anyway.

I have both a lot of stuff from Rock Auto lately and they have been good to me, don't see a reason to complain about a company that is doing good business.

My $0.02

well i prob will have to take it off again when i do new struts at some point. the moog ones are much better designed.

what the issue is is that one of them said moog on the part and was really beefy like this
getimage.php

and the other one was thinner and had the allen set up and would be this one
getimage.php

so i got the wrong company part in the moog box. so why wouldnt i complain that they sent me the wrong part. I got a beck/arnley part when i ordered a moog one

so yeah sorry for the confusion. correct boxes for the parts, just some how another companies part was in one of them. but i had to use it since we took off both links already

Last edited:
another update. just got off the phone with rockauto and they are going to send me out another moog one since the wrong kind was in the box. seems like i wont have to return the other one that was incorrect, but they will let me know.

great customer service! will easily buy from them again

well i prob will have to take it off again when i do new struts at some point. the moog ones are much better designed.

what the issue is is that one of them said moog on the part and was really beefy like this
getimage.php

and the other one was thinner and had the allen set up and would be this one
getimage.php

so i got the wrong company part in the moog box. so why wouldnt i complain that they sent me the wrong part. I got a beck/arnley part when i ordered a moog one

so yeah sorry for the confusion. correct boxes for the parts, just some how another companies part was in one of them. but i had to use it since we took off both links already

I apologize, i got the impression that you got both Moog products in identical condition, only difference was the connection design. If you paid for a Moog and got a Beck disguised as a Moog, then that would be a problem. Theres a difference in quality and price there. I probaly would have done the same thing in that case.

Glad they took care of it easily. Wonder how a Beck got put in the Moog box? Is Moog / Beck the same company?

I apologize, i got the impression that you got both Moog products in identical condition, only difference was the connection design. If you paid for a Moog and got a Beck disguised as a Moog, then that would be a problem. Theres a difference in quality and price there. I probaly would have done the same thing in that case.

Glad they took care of it easily. Wonder how a Beck got put in the Moog box? Is Moog / Beck the same company?

That is weird, but I wouldn't be too worried if RockAuto is gonna take care of it. Anyways, Beck-Arnley is just as good of quality if not moreso than Moog - B/A is an OEM parts supplier for at least Toyota that I know of...

when i was trying to rush...i ended up grinding one off...so then i took my time with the others and i used a breaker bar on the allen key and another on the nut at the same time...they came off easy, but i had to be REAL patient!

Yeah I gave up on penetrating spray. Since I do not have a dremel, I gotta hacksaw away at it. Hacksaw worked great for the front one when I did it months ago.

Back