Emanage help

spacemonkey

:
Mazdaslow
Well the story is I might give up on this and go with unichip. Mainly becuase the emanage will require more money and time to install. while unichip is PnP. But emanage has more functions and can be easily tuned by nearly all shops. I particularlly like its ability to run on a MAP sensor. Just deciding weather to go ahead with it or sell it to a friend...

I had bought a emanage half a year ago with my Profec E-O1 but only installed my profect E-O1. The E-o1 boost controller is in along with its pressure sensor harness. Im hoping to have this project done and completed by end of summer. I ran out of money and time due to school but I should be free for summer. Thats when I plan to finish this up.

But I got a shoping list on what I needed. Now im really nervous about wiring emanage in. I have a good guide and I dont have a problem with the inject or and ignition harness. But the damn MAF sensor part in the MAzda that requires that resistor looks comfusing. Thats why im going to run a MAF...for obvious reason...so I can bypass the MAF part? And its better on turbo car and nicer to my BOV.

Anyways with the pressure (FPR) sensor that comes with the E-O1 do I still need the emanage pressor sensor and pressure sensor harness? I assume the pressure sensor is a MAP sensor and can be used to tune the car without interfering with the stock MAF.

I plan to follow the protege installation guide.....here is the protege installation guide:

http://www.emanageforums.com/forums...?attachmentid=1

my shopping list

- emanage (purchased)
- injector harness (purchased)

- ignition harness (purchased)
- pressure sensor
- pressure sensor harness
- Flying Miata O2 modifier
- Profec E-O1 (purchased)

I chose the Flying Miata O2 modifer becuase its based on pressure rather then Greddy's O2 modfier which is based on RPM. Essentually the FM unit only activates when it senses boost. Much better unit but do I need it?

So what do you guy think? Am I missing anything?

- how would you install the MAP part and the O2 modifier part?
- Do I need to remove the MAF completely or still do the MAF part? I plan on turning off the Emanage for stock ECU setting...so thats why I want to leave it on.
- Can Profec E-O1 swtich maps on the fly becuase I know it can store up to 3 maps. Or do I need to shut the engine down and then switch the maps?
- Will the map automatically load on without the gold package? or do I have to physicallly boot up a lap top or go into E-O1 everytime I want to load a map? Or does a E-O1 bypass this.

hope this goes well because I was debating on switching to unichip but Greddy offers more features and the ability of a custom tune at virutally any shop.

Any input on wether Emanage is worth the extra time and effort over unichip?

Last edited:
Back