Either RUST or paint failure...

CX7_Scott

:
CX-7 GT w/ Tech
I don't have any pics yet, but I just noticed on the span of sheet metal between the top of the windshield and the beginning of the sun-roof, there are a few minor... ummm... "imperfections" that weren't always there... and as I walked around the car, noticed MORE on top - haven't checked the whole car yet.

They LOOK like the beginnings of rust under the paint... a cross between that slightly "bubbled" look... and kind-of "wrinkled" texture.

They are very small right now - but there were more than I cared to see at a quick glance. My bet, is there are a lot more.

Anyone else experiencing "issues" with their factory finish...?

(pics to follow within a day or two)

not yet...try taking it into the dealer. depending on the dealer and severity, they may warranty it.

The usuall paint warranty deal is if the finger doesnt go thru the rust hole then they will not cover it, what i would do is go to Mazda and try to babyface a little and maybe you will get farther.

Well - I'll be honest. I am not the kind of guy who puts high expectations on products. I am not looking to get something "from the man" or freebies... but this car is a 2007 - AND - I "baby" it.

I don't use the harsh automated car-washes... I get my car detailed a few/several times a year. polished and waxed 2x a year... I take care of her.

AND... I totally understand that:
- No mass-produced, assembly-line products are going to be 100% error-free.
- I live in a northeastern area (Boston area) which gets a lot of extreme weather and is prone to a lot of contaminants in the driving environment.
- Mazda has been using less-toxic finishes that aren't really "time tested" to the best of my knowledge.

But still, having said all that - I think the car is a bit too-new to be having failure of the finish. I will see what the dealership says.

Well - I'll be honest. I am not the kind of guy who puts high expectations on products. I am not looking to get something "from the man" or freebies... but this car is a 2007 - AND - I "baby" it.

I don't use the harsh automated car-washes... I get my car detailed a few/several times a year. polished and waxed 2x a year... I take care of her.

AND... I totally understand that:
- No mass-produced, assembly-line products are going to be 100% error-free.
- I live in a northeastern area (Boston area) which gets a lot of extreme weather and is prone to a lot of contaminants in the driving environment.
- Mazda has been using less-toxic finishes that aren't really "time tested" to the best of my knowledge.

But still, having said all that - I think the car is a bit too-new to be having failure of the finish. I will see what the dealership says.
I agree with you, its way too new but like i said Babyfacing with the dealer might get you farther.

I noticed the same thing at the top of the windshield. I also noticed that I get a lot of chips in the paint there. Not sure if they're from rocks or whatever, but I always thought it was a bit odd that they would show up in that spot. More chips there than on the hood...

Back