Eibach's Installed

JMDPRO5

Whats up fellas. I just got my eibachs installed by my friend who is a mechanic. The drop is perfect, the ride is rough at times, but the handling is incredible. Unfortunately, Im hearing sorta a knocking sound, not that loud from the back wheel well. It only happens when im going at low speeds. My friend cant look at it cause he went to Baltimore for the week, but im getting an alignment tomorrow morning. So I asked the guy if they can look at it and they said they look over the suspension anyways before and after. Anybody with springs, have you heard of sound like this?:confused:

Thanks. J

eibach springs

I love my springs too:) :) I've also got the same knocking sound and after removing my rear stabilizer, I've still got the sound. It seems like it bangs on the rebound, not on the downward motion?

Yeah i have the same noise.....What size rims do you have? I have motegi mr7 17" gunmetal. The drop is lovely and the stearing is GREAT! When i get my pics i'll post them

i've got 18" konig opal verdict's. i thought it might be the wheel, to big?? but if you've got 17's you'd think you wouldn't have the probelm? i've asked around also. more people than not, don't experience the banging noise. i'm lost as to what it could possibly be. i'm considering a different lowering technique, maybe air bags, get it a little lower when parked??

I just got back from getting my alignment and oil change. The guy said he didnt see anything irregular where the knocking noise is coming from. It might be something loose in my trunk but im gonna check soon.:wtf:

I just installed my eibach's and I have the same noise. It looks like it could be where the rear stabilizer bar intersects the rearmost "A-rod" (I have no idea what it's called), but anyway, they look pretty close together and a bump may cause them to hit. Any thoughts?

I found the problem. It turns out one of my swaybar endlinks wasn't tightened fully. Tightening it up resolved the prob!!!

i have eibachs and i had no noise. that was until i put a 12in breaker bar in my wheel well. now every once in awhile i will hear something but only over big bumps. btw, i love the springs.

i got my pro kit about a month after having the car and i had my hook up at the MAZDA DEALERSHIP to install them and i havent heard any clicking at all... here is how it looks now.

Attachments

• mycar2.jpg
    mycar2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 194
i had the eibach's installed by a mechanic as well, and during that process he admitted that he damaged one of my rear (left) links. i don't know how exactly, but he commented that this was a particularly weak portion of our suspension. i got a replacement from a dealer (~$25 or so) and he put it in for me. maybe something similar happened during your setup, and he just didn't realise it?

i just got my car lowered on some h&r springs with a 1.3 inch drop.. looks very nice.. no real knocking sounds.. but you have to go thru an make sure you tork everything down.. especially in the back of the car.. i will try to take pics an upload them soon but the car looks pretty much like the silver p5 posted abouve except for no vinyl.

Back