Eibach Initial impressions, Pics

Pound

:
2011 Mazda2 sport
Just Installed my Eibach's here are some initial impressions:

During city driving the dampers don't lose any of their effectiveness absorbing bumps and uneven pavement. The car feels 90% similar to the OE combo. Only the harshest of bumps will you feel the stiffness of the new spring. I have had many suspension setups and this is by far the most comfortable. I was never a believer in progressive springs, but I must say I am convinced. I can see why Mazda will sell you these at the dealer, they really are that comfortable. There is no uneasiness in the chassis and body roll is significantly improved in the corners. That being said, obviously with Eibachs the drop is not that aggressive looking. There is still wheel gap, albeit reduced significantly, but these are definitely not for the stanced/ low & slow crowd but you probably already knew that. I drive my kids to school daily and these are a great compromise.

Pics- They should settle in a few mm after some driving. Im also running 20mm spacers up front, 28mm rear

Before:

2014-06-28%2011.01.45.jpg

After:

222.jpg

That's not bad at all - I think the CS spring set is about the same price, but after your testimony to the ride quality on the Eibachs, I think I'm going to get these instead :)

Did you get new shocks to go with the springs?

Great choice, car looks awesome! Super clean look.

I'm on Eibachs too. Can't complain at all. Great ride quality.

It's really insane how huge the stock wheel gap is. I notice all the time that even lowered on Eibachs, the bottom of my car is still higher from the ground than your average honda accord. Why did they jack it up so high?

Did you get new shocks to go with the springs?

Nope running the stock struts/shocks. Suits my needs really well. Compression not affected at this height. Like I said Mazda will sell you them painted blue and warrantied for a significant markup.

What's your wheel/tire setup?

16x7 et45 Rota R Spec / 205/45 S Drives

effective et with spacers 17 R 25 F

I should also mention I added A Corksport Strut tower brace and upgraded Moog endlinks at the time of install.

Last edited:
What do you think about the moog endlinks? I've been considering those as well.

What do you think about the moog endlinks? I've been considering those as well.

Very well made piece. Noticeably thicker than the oem units. I had very minor clunking at parking lot speeds which has now gone away. I replaced them with the springs so i can't comment on the effectiveness of them on their own. For $30 and 10 min you can't go wrong.

Great choice, car looks awesome! Super clean look.

I'm on Eibachs too. Can't complain at all. Great ride quality.

I'm tempted to go with coilovers on the 2 so I have control of the ride height but, I also don't want to spend a butt-load of money when I don't have to. I have Eibachs on my '13 Mustang and I'm pleased with the performance. Perhaps, that is the route I should take with the 2...

Mike

Excellent. I'm glad to hear that. I've been having that exact same minor clunking sound at parking lot speeds, and I had isolated it to what seemed like the endlinks. I'm definitely going to order up a set. What's involved in installing those, if you don't mind me asking? And who did you order yours from? Thanks!

Very well made piece. Noticeably thicker than the oem units. I had very minor clunking at parking lot speeds which has now gone away. I replaced them with the springs so i can't comment on the effectiveness of them on their own. For $30 and 10 min you can't go wrong.

Excellent. I'm glad to hear that. I've been having that exact same minor clunking sound at parking lot speeds, and I had isolated it to what seemed like the endlinks. I'm definitely going to order up a set. What's involved in installing those, if you don't mind me asking? And who did you order yours from? Thanks!

I ordered from Amazon the Moog part# is K80104

From the CS Swaybar instructions. God love them
Untitled.png

*The moog units actually have 15mm replacement nuts and you need a 19mm wrench to hold the back side.

I'm tempted to go with coilovers on the 2 so I have control of the ride height but, I also don't want to spend a butt-load of money when I don't have to. I have Eibachs on my '13 Mustang and I'm pleased with the performance. Perhaps, that is the route I should take with the 2...

Mike
Honestly, even with the coilovers installed, my ride height is about where Pounds is now..just a bunch more stiff. If you drive the car every day, I'd stick with the Eibachs. Maybe add the CS struts if you want to really crisp up the handling.

Back