efficient/high power speakers?

khaosman

Contributor
:
2006 Honda S2000
Yo

I'm looking for some new front speakers that are pretty efficient and can take a good amount of power. With all of the various engine mods and suspension mods, the car is much louder. That and I don't have AC any more, so windows will be down a lot. I need something that will play loud and decently clean.

My current system is:
Alpine 9835 HU
Rockford Fosgate 8004 amp (~125x4 @ 4ohms)
Adire Audio Koda 6 components
Adire Audio Koda 10 sub (sealed box)
stock rear speakers

The Koda components are beginning to show signs off age and wear, some thing is blown in them but I'm too lazy to figure out what it is or if it is just a bad connection.

The speaker style I'd like to get are similar to the older Boston Acoustics Pro Series components. They were 3ohm speakers and just screamed, but were very good sounding. They'd take a crap-load of power too. I'd like something a little cheaper though :)

I'm also considering building a ported box for my Koda 10 so I can get a little more thump. Perhaps I'll use baltic birch or something that is a little more light weight... although the box may be bigger, it could very well be lighter than my current box. It is a beast for a 1 cubic ft sealed enclosure. 2x2" studs for braces in all corners... haha

I've been out of the audio loop for a while so please be gentle :)

Boston Z series
Keep in mind that doubling power, adds 3db, thats it

1sty said:
Boston Z series
Keep in mind that doubling power, adds 3db, thats it

Arg those are pretty pricey. I had bought two sets of Pro Series 5.25" components for $300 back in the day, sold one to a friend and then sold the other on the 'net. Wishin' I hadn't :(

If you like the boston pro sounds, then just find your closest dealer and go take a listen.
You might like the SL line. But if you are running 125 per speaker then you should be looking at something top end, not a basic drop in.

Well there was indeed a bad connection on one of the mids on my Kodas, so that is good. We'll see how they do now that they are hooked up :) If the tweeters are going out, I can replace those cheap. Mids, not gonna happen.

Question though: on the 9835, is there a fuse for the internal amp? My dash gauges went out and so did my radio; replaced the fuse and all is good. However my rear speakers don't work and the internal amp is on. The fuse in the engine bay to the 9835 is good, so that makes me wonder if there is another one hiding some where. The manual was vague, and pulling my HU is a PITA with my gauges under it :(

These look like they would fit the bill. Let me know what you think. I understand how loud things can get after engine modifications. And with the windows down you will want something very loud.

We can talk price on just the components if you are interested.

CVL

Edit: And you must be upset about the recent Adire Audio news.

Low-Hz said:
These look like they would fit the bill. Let me know what you think. I understand how loud things can get after engine modifications. And with the windows down you will want something very loud.

We can talk price on just the components if you are interested.

CVL

Edit: And you must be upset about the recent Adire Audio news.

Where the hell did you come from (dunno)
Didnt know we had an audio equipment AV.
Kinda cool.

What happened to Adire, they finaly call it quits?

dude, i got the stock kenwoods in the msp hooked to a kenwood 400w 4 channel and i love em. got some bass, but its clean bass, and the highs in them are awesome

1sty said:
Where the hell did you come from (dunno)
Didnt know we had an audio equipment AV.
Kinda cool.

What happened to Adire, they finaly call it quits?

I just signed up today! Seemed like a great community here, and I noticed it is 100% performance so far. You guys really need someone hooking you up over here.

And

www.Adireaudio.com for information on them.

Low-Hz said:
I just signed up today! Seemed like a great community here, and I noticed it is 100% performance so far. You guys really need someone hooking you up over here.

And

www.Adireaudio.com for information on them.

I saw their website, figured you might have some more info.

Considering their never ending delivery issues, I was not supprised.

1sty said:
I saw their website, figured you might have some more info.

Considering their never ending delivery issues, I was not supprised.

This is the info I got. Take it with a grain of salt, because I have no proof of it's validity.

But I heard hemp acoustics bought the XBL^2 technology, and basically bought out adire audio. Then instead of using Adire employees they fired them all and went with their own guys.

That is just what I heard through the grape vine, it could be a huge rumor.

Did RE ever come out with their XXX components? I wish there were some place local to hear those Cadence speakers, I don't think there is a dealer around here though.

That is a major bummer about Adire. I was really disappointed when they moved away from offering home audio stuff and car stuff, to just car subs.

khaosman said:
Did RE ever come out with their XXX components? I wish there were some place local to hear those Cadence speakers, I don't think there is a dealer around here though.

That is a major bummer about Adire. I was really disappointed when they moved away from offering home audio stuff and car stuff, to just car subs.

Not sure if there are any local Cadence dealers around you. But I do run the CVL's in my own car. If you need something that will get really loud, they will do that for you. I like my music incredibly loud, and even I can't stand keeping the volume up more than 3/4 of the way. Since nobody on here as ever dealt with me, I would be willing to hook you up and sell you an entire component set for $200 shipped to your door. Then you can tell people about the service you got, and the product. That is of course if you are interested.

Back