ECU Problems/MX3 V6

lisey72

:
MAXDA MX3 v6
Hi, Could someone help me with the list of problems below hehe actually I wanted to pick someones brain....
I have an MX3V6 and had a replacement engine in mine, my original one was an import and now have a UK spec one, it seems that after spending 100's of pounds I am now faced with an ECU problem and no car electrician here seems to be able to solve it. I've had new sensors, new distributor,new bloody everythnig but now when it gets hot it cuts out, maybe a fuel problem? Ummm this would seem easy if it were but even Mazda dealership couldn't solve the problem after 8 hours of cost and labour looking at it and a new set of leads? Does anyone know if the distributor can short the ECU or do something to the immobilisor and this causes the engine to not correspond with the ECU/other electrics? I'm female, what the hell do I know. Pleeeeeeaaassssse help me with this, any idea's would be greatfully received.
Cheers peps.. (2thumbs)

I don't know too much about the mazda engine control, but that sounds like an ignition pickup/module problem.

I do not know what could be causing those specific problems, but I know engine swapping is extremely difficult. When I swapped to the Protege FS-DE I needed to use the Protege ECU, sensors, and importantly the wire harness that plugs into the ECU and everything in the engine bay. Because things are located differently on the 626 (Cronos for you) and the Protege my stock harness had to be spliced into the Protege harness. This took way too many hours.

If you perfromed a swap and omitted any of the important components, things will not work properly.

Make sure the ECU is grounded properly, make sure everything is grounded.

Geoff

Back