Ebay Turbo Manifold Fitment Issue

MSP#749

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
My gf bought the ebay turbo manifold for her MSP, since her stock cast mani cracked after having been previously rewelded once before. I am having an issue with installation, everything has fit nicely up to the point of actual placement on the head. What exactly should be done about the EGR tube leading into the side of the manifold. It appears that the nut should be threaded onto the new manifold but the the threading from the tube is attached the nut. Does the nut separate from the threading? Is it possible they may have just rusted together and can be broken loose? Sorry if this is a simple question. I am Speed6 guy so I just simply blocked off/removed my egr system all together. Thanks for the help!

My gf bought the ebay turbo manifold for her MSP, since her stock cast mani cracked after having been previously rewelded once before. I am having an issue with installation, everything has fit nicely up to the point of actual placement on the head. What exactly should be done about the EGR tube leading into the side of the manifold. It appears that the nut should be threaded onto the new manifold but the the threading from the tube is attached the nut. Does the nut separate from the threading? Is it possible they may have just rusted together and can be broken loose? Sorry if this is a simple question. I am Speed6 guy so I just simply blocked off/removed my egr system all together. Thanks for the help!
Yeah, that should've stayed with the manifold. It'll probably put up a pretty good fight trying to get it out.

Id have to see a pic but if you got the old manifold out in the first place you got the nut loose from the manifold? Nut stays on the egr tube which is flanged and i dont think could be removed from the tube.
When removing the nut i soaked it with lube and thinners to break the rust but a torch also works.
Used a big crecent wrench with a big steel tube propped on the end and hit it with a hammer heh.

Last edited:
Back