Ebay Downpipe... POS or Okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empurfektion

:
B00STD MS6
So I was talking to a few of my buddies last night after a cruise. 2 out of the 4 guys I went with bought downpipes off ebay. Those cars are a 1993 3000GT VR4 and a 2007 STI. They both say they work great and there was no mods that needed to be done to get them on. They bolted right up, threw no CELs and sounded great.

I was a little curious on this so I thought I would see what everyone else thought of this. I just checked Ebay and found a few for $285 WITH FREE SHIPPING!

If they have no problems with our car, I can see this being an amazing deal for the price and the power gains. They are Catless (where I live it doesn't matter). They are also V-band and 3". Let me know what you guys think.

Go to ebay and look up:
Downpipe Down-Pipe Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 V-band 3" Turbo
^^^^^
That is the exact title.

I would post the link but I don't like doing that in forms.

i have it and it fit fine. quality piece, vband if you ever want to upgrade the turbo and a third bung for wideband. i say go for it

ITS A KNOCK OFF DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!

by buying this knock off s*** your effectively saying **** you to the companys that take the time to R&D and manufacter parts for our cars. this s*** will ruin our scene.

No companys, no mods. and then you get to sit and twiddle your thumbs and wonder why no ones making a downpipe for your car.

why do you think its so cheap? is this manufacturer even located in the u.s.? (and i dont mean the distribution, i mean production)!

i have nothing against finding a great buy, or DIY. but this is a blatant knock off. and a big fat middle finger to Cobb, and CP-E, and Corksport etc, etc......

honestly, get off your high horse. here in america, its called free enterprise. if someone can make a product cheaper than they win. its that simple. guess where PG's manis are made? China. the problem is they dont charge knock off prices but thats essentially what it is.

and your theory about companies not making their products because knock offs take over? seriously? there isnt anybody making anything for this car. period. the speed6 has been out 3 years and we have hardly any options for anything. hop over to the evo forums and look at some real product development for the X and that cars been availible a third of the amount of time. i am happy that someone is actually taking the time to make a knock off. s*** at least its another option.

and for ***** sake, we're talking about a 3 inch diameter stainless steel pipe. this didnt take months of r&d to make it. s*** you could have a reputable exhaust shop make you one in a day. this isnt something like an Accessport or a Standback, its a ******* pipe. but by all means, go out and spend $200-$300 more if it helps you sleep at night.

there's plenty of stuff available for the speed 6. i mean really, whats not available at this point. forged motor parts, bigger turbo kits, fmic, meth kits, carbon fiber, loads of suspensoin, motor mounts, diff mounts, intakes, exhaust, mani's, and bunch of other stuff. what cant you do with this car?

hey if your cool with rollin around with some piece of s*** ebay knock off part on your car then roll on.

look to the title^^^^^^^^^the OP asked "Ebay Downpipe... POS or Okay? " i said piece of s*** and simple stated why.

you with this high horse bulls***, and whaa theres no parts for this car, its not an evo whaa. whats with that, LOL!!!!

Whoa, calm down peeps! It's interesting that someone here has the product, that's the first I've seen.

Personally, I don't trust eBay parts, unless sold by a vendor. I think that parts, especially for a DD car, should come from reputable vendors that stand behind their products. If the eBay DP has some sort of guarantee, go for it. I wouldn't put it on my car, but to each their own.

Me neither. I wouldn't skimp on downpipe quality. I would consider ebay IC's but last thing you wan't is a downpipe that doesn't fit / flow properly. CEL's will end up being a PITA not to mention if its catted.

I doubt its a POS but its a risk that i wouldn't be willing to take. That install is no fun. Not to mention even though many car parts are expensive . . . you can resell them down the road and get "most" of your money back. If you try and resell an ebay downpipe you won't get anything for it.

if its a quality piece im sure poeple would still pay a good penny for it down the road! gotten of ebay or not! there is nothing wrong with ebay, ebay doesnt make downpipes, there is no ebay brand downpipe! someone took the time to measure, cut, and weld this piece just like any other vender! the only differece is they realized that if they price them cheap, although the profit per peice may not be as much, wen they sell these fuckers by the tons because of their cost and quality they will make more money that way! stop hatin on stuff off ebay, its a good place to get the same s*** for half the price!

honestly, get off your high horse. here in america, its called free enterprise. if someone can make a product cheaper than they win. its that simple. guess where PG's manis are made? China. the problem is they dont charge knock off prices but thats essentially what it is.

our turbo manifolds were actually not made in china. and i thought pricing was and is fair considering they're cheaper - before and after the GB - than DNP, Steedspeed or Medieval (RIP), with a lifetime warranty. what was i suppose to charge for them?

Last edited:
our turbo manifolds were not made in china. and i thought pricing was and is fair considering they're cheaper - before and after the GB - than DNP, Steedspeed or Medieval (RIP), with a lifetime warranty. what was i suppose to charge for them?

i think ur manifolds are reasonbly priced! especially considering i just spent 800 on a used mam manifold! lol dont hate on ken and his prices, if u dont like them then spend more on the others.

i think ur manifolds are reasonbly priced! especially considering i just spent 800 on a used mam manifold! lol dont hate on ken and his prices, if u dont like them then spend more on the others.

in comparison to something like obx, i guess i charge "alot" for a manifold. obx isn't even made in china, for reference, they're made in korea. cheaper and lesser quality still than the chinese.

i've had samples quoted from all over the world. after customs and int'l freight its not a major windfall or pot of gold to go there on a great deal of things versus whats being done here. the government heavily taxes internationally fabricated steel or raw steel products with duties, et al in an effort to protect domestic production. there is a great deal of misconceptions about what it means to go overseas in terms of manufacturing and retail.

thats all off topic. to be honest, it shouldn't matter where a product is made if the performance is as advertised and the quality holds up. it all comes down to personal preference and word of mouth. and if the prices aren't right on anything you're looking at, you have the option of making it yourself or having someone else make it for you should you be so inclined :)

there's plenty of stuff available for the speed 6. i mean really, whats not available at this point. forged motor parts, bigger turbo kits, fmic, meth kits, carbon fiber, loads of suspensoin, motor mounts, diff mounts, intakes, exhaust, mani's, and bunch of other stuff. what cant you do with this car?

hey if your cool with rollin around with some piece of s*** ebay knock off part on your car then roll on.

look to the title^^^^^^^^^the OP asked "Ebay Downpipe... POS or Okay? " i said piece of s*** and simple stated why.

you with this high horse bulls***, and whaa theres no parts for this car, its not an evo whaa. whats with that, LOL!!!!

how would you know its a piece of s***? you dont, plain and simple. youre making an ASSumption because its sold on ebay by a no name vendor. i am the second owner of the downpipe. it fit fine on the first car, his lease was up, and i bought it from him. so thats 2 peoples cars its fit on, no cracks no nothing.

doesnt have a cat? it will throw cels? yes all catless dps will throw cels. but guess what, you can have a cat welded in this thing and still be out the door about $400 cheaper than cpe. you could buy fp internals and a bov with the money you saved.

OP, as far as i can see, i'm really the only one qualified to answer your question, which i hope i have. everyone else is just speculating.

ken, i apologize for the misinformation.

well yes, it is speculation. i would generally speculate that something being sold for half the price new, is half the quality.

This thread is going nowhere fast. OP, do your homework and make sure you're informed of your purchase. Best of luck finding a DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back