dyno'd today

BlkZoomZoom said:
Okay you guys are idiots.

.96 :1 is an overdrive, which is 4th. gear

1.1 :1 is not an overdrive, which is 3rd. gear

Regardless I would still go with 3rd. gear, less strain on the engine.

lol, read this. It was what we were talking about in this thread:

Demonic-Speed said:
...I found a post, I will have to try and dig up, but it runs through the ratios of all the gears.

3rd is .96 to 1
4th was like 1.1 to 1....

I am guessing on those numbers, but it was something like that. I will see if I can find it.

BlkZoomZoom said:

(mswerd)

I went with Hookedup for his Dyno....the guys there really weren't to informative and where's the rpm on the dyno sheet...i don't know but i wouldnt recommend them

Well to make the HP a little easier to think about here are my numbers (I was the test car with just A/F unit and Injen Intake)

Stock Boost:
HP - 151.3
TQ - 153.6

10 PSI:
HP - 177.4
TQ - 202

So your car is getting 17 more HP and the same torque. Hmmm that does seem a little funny considering you have a DP, pipes, and an Intercooler. I've always imagined that a DP would get me like 15 ish HP based on all the dyno's I've so that's not a huge concearn but the TQ makes no sence to me.

Were you holding 10psi to redline or spiking 10psi? Also, when I dyoned I did both 3rd and 4th gear just for the hell of it, and the difference was only like 5hp between the two with 3rd gear being higher.

Last edited:
CustomMSP said:
Were you holding 10psi to redline or spiking 10psi? Also, when I dyoned I did both 3rd and 4th gear just for the hell of it, and the difference was only like 5hp between the two with 3rd gear being higher.

yea i hold right around 10 all the way to redline, it drops a tiny bit to like 9.8psi or so.

Hookedup240 said:
good prices but they are 120 miles away from me, i don't think its worth it.
thanks though.

I looked on the dynojet web site and i found a couple places that i'm going to call tomorrow.

You in Northern NJ? Lemme know what places you find! Maybe we can get some ppl together or something.

Hookedup240 said:
yea i hold right around 10 all the way to redline, it drops a tiny bit to like 9.8psi or so.

You should try to dyno with the stock ecu at stock boost next time. Just to see what you get. I'm not sure you'll want to try 10psi with stock ecu though.

Last edited:
BlkZoomZoom said:
Okay you guys are idiots.

.96 :1 is an overdrive, which is 4th. gear

1.1 :1 is not an overdrive, which is 3rd. gear

isn't the other way around?

Hookedup240 said:
I really thought i would put down a little better numbers, with my mods.

10 psi with Greddy profec EBC, Dsm's AFC, Hiboost FMIC and piping, Injen Intake, apex catless dp.
so would i..definitely check your map.

was it done on a mustang dyno? I have no experience with them, but ive heard fwd cars put down a percentage less hp on them.

03MSPRO said:
isn't the other way around?
You people ever play Gran Tourismo with a custom adjustable transmission? Or tear down a tranny and change the gear ratios:) BlkZoomZoom is correct the higher the gear, the lower the gear ratio, the more load on the engine.

Latest posts

Back