DVD Recording

enigM@

:
2003 Protege5
My comp sucks. Anyone have any luck with DVD Recorders? Especially the one's that allow you to create your own chapters rather than the one's w/the "Auto Chapter" feature?

Since your computer sucks are you talking about "stand-alone" DVD recorders (like for your living room)? If so that's a good question....I have one but it only does the auto-chapter thing.

Since we are talking about DVD Recordings, anyone know the difference between the DVD -R and the DVD +R formats. If your recorded can do both, which media would you choose?

DaveB said:
Since we are talking about DVD Recordings, anyone know the difference between the DVD -R and the DVD +R formats. If your recorded can do both, which media would you choose?

There's essentially no difference. I have a recorder that does both but personally I always use -R because it seems to be slightly more compatible with my other players than +R. I think I read somewhere that the makers of +R claim it has the highest compatibility by a tiny margin...but that hasn't been my personal experience so use -R.

Back