DSC / TCS On or Off - Tests

Bravnik

Ok did a couple more tests today using my DashHawk to capture the data. I did some tests the other day and it appeared that using the method of turning off the DSC/TCS really didn't net any boost. Actually these tests prove that our cars get more boost in 1st and 2nd than previously thought. Here is the outcome of my tests. I plan to do a few more, but I would really like to find a nice spot to do them without fear of Mr. Police Man.

Run 1 - DSC/TSC Off - 1st gear from a stop 8.70 Boost / 27.3 MPH / 5435 RPM -- 2nd Gear 15.95 / 46 / 5593 RPM

Run 2 - DSC/TSC ON - 1st gear from a stop 12.91 Boost / 27.3 MPH / 5627 RPM -- 2nd gear 15.95 / 46.6 / 5691 RPM

I'm not sure if I got the same first gear take off in Run 1 as I did in Run 2 as you can see the RPM's are a little lower, so the 1st run could have easly got up to more boost. Run 2 got a good 1st gear takeoff spinning the tires and turning on/activating TSC due to wheel spin.

Now due to inability to get the exact same runs you can take this information for what it is. Just a comparison using the DSC/TCS hack. To me it seems that on both of my tests (ones today and one the other day but no longer have the data from that one) you actually got a better boost in 1st than you did without TCS and DSC. But overall it seems that using the hack (for lack of a better term) does not really get you any gains and hurts your handling of the car.

My car has MS CAI, Epoxy Mount and I took it in for the updated flash with the latest Voluntary Recall and changed my oil with Royal Purple. These may or may not make my car act differently than others.

Latest posts

Back