>>>DRUM & BASS Thread:::::::

cable43

Contributor
:
::P5::
>>>Jungle / DRUM & BASS Thread:::::::

So I'm looking for a way to share some d&b tracks.

I got some good stuff. mostly mid 90's UK (what else is there????)

Also what happened to the d&b scene? I came a died in like year- at least here on the east coast. I used to go out 4 nights a week Concrete Jungle- Philly , Concrete Jungle NY, some spot down in DC/Baltimore on Saturdays, Sky line , 1415. [I know most of these names aren't going to make sense to most of you but this is therapy for me]
you can't find anyone playing good jump up d&b. Everything I hear lately is hard techstep and dark s***{not that I have anything against it, it's just ALL I hear}

There are some DJ's and MC's with tracks that I would love to track down.

If you have any of there tracks or know where I can find it please let me know.

J Smooth
AK1200
Heather Heart
Adam x
phantom 45
DJ Jade
DJ Odi
Datcyde (i'm REALLY looking for the "Naughty Ride" remix by DJ Odi)
MC Blaze

Pretty much all I listen to is DJ Rap, UK Apache, DJ SS, Bukem, Aphrodite, Kenny Ken, Jumpin Jack Frost... you get it all uk all about 10 years old!

Also what is / was the scene like anywhere else???
still going strong ... dead let me know!!
(the wife and I are moving soon and this my influence my decision) (sssh)

Anyway that's my rant - long live the breaks!

Last edited:
belch.. uk dnb
do you use torrents.. i've been getting most of my new jungle/ragga/dnb via torrents... and soul seek, of course

thanks for the flashback. The scene is still going, but most of the dj's and their audience has aged a little. Jobs and commitments take priority, even over "the music".

"and the beat goes on"

Here's one of my favorite D&B albums. Mixed by LTJ Bukem. The guy makes slick sounds. Mix it with some good hallucinogens and you've got yourself a sure trip to enlightenment.

LTJ Bukem\Progression Sessions, Vol. 4

And another one of his cd's with some good tracks

LTJ Bukem\Earth

KpaBap said:
yeah out of all of those i only have some old ak1200 traxxx

dieselboy rocks hard, also check out Goldie (more industrial type though but Goldie is my alltime favorite dnb dj), Aphrodite is good, Roni Size, Krust, etc etc too many to name em all

check out http://torrentspy.com for all your torrenting needs

I was there at Diesel Boys first big set. He's from PA and he was in philly at this small club. His style has totally changed over the years but in a short time has has become one of the (if not THE) premiere D&B DJ in the US.

wow, bringing back some memories from my ravin' days mid 90's or so, i'll have to dig out the old collection and see what i have. But you're right, too much dark stuff out there now, whatever happened to the "ambient" stuff, used to take me other places (well, wasn't just the music :).

I remember going to see dieselboy at a few raves in Pittsburgh before he moved out to Philly, but even he seemed to get a bit too heavy (i guess Philly will do that to you).....

I'll let you know what i can find

SpeedMcheen said:
Here's one of my favorite D&B albums. Mixed by LTJ Bukem. The guy makes slick sounds. Mix it with some good hallucinogens and you've got yourself a sure trip to enlightenment.

LTJ Bukem\Progression Sessions, Vol. 4

And another one of his cd's with some good tracks

LTJ Bukem\Earth
Intelligent dnb wise, anything by the http://glo.uk.com label is bad ass.
4 is bad ass, prog session 1 is the best of the prg. session series imo. Seba throws a crazy nice beat. Big bud is the man too.

Ak1200 is a beast and so is goldie and roni size. Edit: cant forget diesel.

Awesome thread, shoot me a pm, i got plenty of stuff i can share :), as long as you share back.

Lil Freek said:
belch.. uk dnb
do you use torrents.. i've been getting most of my new jungle/ragga/dnb via torrents... and soul seek, of course

I had used torrents before on a friends comp. What do I need to do to be able to use them on mine? ....... i think the website i used was suprnova.net ...... but its closed now....... I was able to d/l any full cd I wanted too in like 5 minutes..... guys it would kick ass if u could tutor me on how to get it set up wher ei could use torrents on my comp.

saw ltj 2 weeks ago on one of his progression session sets. In wisconsin at least, dnb and jungle is still going strong. parties mainly have that and techno/house/hardcore. Nobody really spins trance or stuff around here, well some people.....der. That and doormouse plays a show like every other weekend here, but thats a little different:)

I still paly Jungle every day i'm an addict. I have been playing for 12 years on july 7. I play the dark techy stuff though. But Thats just my style i love dark techy sounds with heavy bass. I started out playing mor Dnb stuff like the Gonja Crew, Heavey hitters, Hype n Zinc and Pish posh. now i play more virus crew, Ed Rush n Optical, Renigade Hardware, Stakka n skynet, at that sort of thing.
never really liked jump up, the bass was always to high pitched or sharp for my likings. For after hours though there is nothing like some good atmospheric DnB like LTJ.

greenman said:
wow, bringing back some memories from my ravin' days mid 90's or so, i'll have to dig out the old collection and see what i have. But you're right, too much dark stuff out there now, whatever happened to the "ambient" stuff, used to take me other places (well, wasn't just the music :).

I remember going to see dieselboy at a few raves in Pittsburgh before he moved out to Philly, but even he seemed to get a bit too heavy (i guess Philly will do that to you).....

I'll let you know what i can find

yeah he got hooked up with the PHI(Philly Hardstep Inc) guys and changed.
but he is still one of the greats.

Side note:******** D.C> Baltimore Peeps_____________

anyone go to a rave in "druid hill" at Studio 13 (i think) in the DC Baltimore area where DJ rap was there with a live violinist- one of the best parties i've ever been to!!!!!

showtege said:
I still paly Jungle every day i'm an addict. I have been playing for 12 years on july 7. I play the dark techy stuff though. But Thats just my style i love dark techy sounds with heavy bass. I started out playing mor Dnb stuff like the Gonja Crew, Heavey hitters, Hype n Zinc and Pish posh. now i play more virus crew, Ed Rush n Optical, Renigade Hardware, Stakka n skynet, at that sort of thing.
never really liked jump up, the bass was always to high pitched or sharp for my likings. For after hours though there is nothing like some good atmospheric DnB like LTJ.

FUKIN WERD!

Its great to see Phantom 45 on your list. My best friend moved to Chi about 4 or 5 years ago. He produces jungle nights out there with Phantom 45.

I also helped on a music video for Stakka and Skynet that aired on the english vershion of MTV. It was for the track 1999 it got some air time in the US late night on MTV. I did the enviroments here is a screen shot.

Sorry i am a Jungle geak so i will tri not to over post in this thred. oh yah i used to DJ under the name Spyro i have played on the east coast a few times but usualy in Chi never Philly. I am retired now but i still spin at house parties and home. I got burnt out on all the travelling, that and i had to get sober. (puke)

Attachments

• 4 up 002.jpg
    4 up 002.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
astal listens to D&B and has let me borrow lots of his burned discs. he has some nice stuff.....will have to pm this thread to him. sure he has some stuff/sites he uses to get his stuff.......

-R

yeah phantom 45 is the s***, he comes around here every once in a while. anybody have the old jungle book tapes?

showtege said:
Sorry i am a Jungle geak so i will tri not to over post in this thred. oh yah i used to DJ under the name Spyro i have played on the east coast a few times but usualy in Chi never Philly. I am retired now but i still spin at house parties and home. I got burnt out on all the travelling, that and i had to get sober. (puke)

NICE!!!!!!!!
us geaks need a place to geek it up.

showtege said:
now i play more virus crew, Ed Rush n Optical, Renigade Hardware, Stakka n skynet, at that sort of thing.
(rockon)

One of my best friends is a big fan and the largest pirate of all things "Ninja Tune". Are you guys familiar with that label? I think they are UK and Canadian, and he raves about everything on that label all the time.

Back