Droppin' cash!!!

K. Soze

:
2003.5 Mazdspeed Protege
In preperation for spring, I have been compiling parts like a crazy man.

I realize it's only January but I figured I would start getting ready now.

What's everybody's plans for the spring? What are you buying? I know there's a thread asking what everyone is doing with their tax money. I want to know what people are doing specifically to their car at the start of the season.

Here's my list:
Collected
DG Motorsports carbon fiber one piece shift plate (installed)
AXR Clunk Fix Bracket (installed)
Eibach Pro-Kit springs (installed)
Autometer Sport Comp II mechanical boost gauge (replacing cobalt) [insatlled]
Autometer Sport Comp II electric oil pressure gauge (replacing cobalt) [installed]
New timing belt, power steering belt, A/C belt(all belts, basically) [installed]
AEM Wideband (installed)
DG Motorsports carbon fiber gauge cluster bezel (installed)
Triple gauge din panel (installed)
SS FTC (recieved, just waiting on install)
DG Motorsports carbon fiber front grill (waiting to recieve)

Need to order
Falken Azenis RT615 (maybe I'll save a little longer and get different wheels to go along with the tires)

I'm sure there are some other things I'll end up ordering along the way.

Last edited:
my warranty runs out at the end of the month, so all the parts ive collected since i bought the car are going on

i jsut dropped s*** tons of cash. i just put in a forged motor and larger turbo setup with other goodies. also, just bought sparco seats!

Falken Azenis, getting them in about 2 weeks
Evo 8 Spoiler, Getting soon
Carbon FIber Gascap Door, getting in 2 weeks, being made

TaxReturn
Frount mount intercooler
Blow Off Valve

Carbon Fiber Trunk
Carbon Fiber Hood
Carbon Fiber Frount Lip
Carbon Fiber side skirts
Carbon Fiber Mirror covers
Short Shifter (dont know from who yet)
Carbon Fiber Shift boot
Carbon Fiber plates for the inside (from DGM)
Carbon Fiber Motor Cover w/ Oil Cap
Carbon Fiber Tail Lights

Thats just some of it haha, ill be poor again this year.

Falken Azenis, getting them in about 2 weeks
Evo 8 Spoiler, Getting soon
Carbon FIber Gascap Door, getting in 2 weeks, being made

TaxReturn
Frount mount intercooler
Blow Off Valve

Carbon Fiber Trunk
Carbon Fiber Hood
Carbon Fiber Frount Lip
Carbon Fiber side skirts
Carbon Fiber Mirror covers
Short Shifter (dont know from who yet)
Carbon Fiber Shift boot
Carbon Fiber plates for the inside (from DGM)
Carbon Fiber Motor Cover w/ Oil Cap
Carbon Fiber Tail Lights

Thats just some of it haha, ill be poor again this year.

what front mount are you looking at?

Wooooweee!! Carbon fiber ftmfw!!!

I try to stay subtle with my stuff. I'll stick with the two carbon fiber pieces in the interior. For the exterior, I'm thinking about the grill. I'm not for certain yet.

Flippin list keeps updating. All the belts were purchased and on their way. Next part being looked at is the DG carbon fiber gauge bezel.

Im either running them, or the Bridgestone RaO1's for autocross this year. I was wondering, they're 200 treadwear, just a tad above r-compound (140)

It seems like they'd get eaten up quickly.

I've heard from numerous people (and my step dad has them on his 20th aniv.) that they're not that bad for a 200 treadwear. One STI guy I was talking to has had them on for 3-4 road races and two summers and they still have tread left.

Well, I'm getting:

Bronze enkie rims
tein s-techs
New tires
FMIC
and hopefully an exhaust mani.

my warranty ran out yesterday.....cai, exhaust, hot pipe, mm inserts going on in the near future

Here's what I'm getting
A whole lotta nothin' .... can't do anything to the car till 2009 since I'm running SCCA stock class in road tire. 2009 will include the following: Hankook Ventus Z217 50 on stock wheels, 5mm spacers, and longer wheel studs for autocrossing in Stock class.

i jsut dropped s*** tons of cash. i just put in a forged motor and larger turbo setup with other goodies. also, just bought sparco seats!

Man you are as sick as I am (lol2)
We have to meet up sometime. I have a friend who lives in Lano and has a badass piece of land.
Maybe we could have a mini-meet at his place with a few more Speeds and camp out. Cook some food and just relax. Talk bout cars etc.
Should be not too bad a drive plus it is through the hill country which always makes for a nice drive.

Last edited:
Man you are as sick as I am (lol2)
We have to meet up sometime. I have a friend who live in Lano and has a badass piece of land.
Maybe we could have a mini-meet at his place with a few more Speeds and camp out. Cooks some food and just relax. Talk bout cars etc.
Should be not too bad a drive plus it is through the hill country which always makes for a nice drive.

that would be cool sometime. thats only if i have enough money for gas after all of the purchases! (glare)

Updated the list again. I got the AEM wideband ordered and decided I'm going to get the DG carbon fiber grill now.

You know what, I'm embracing spending money. I make enough, I pay my bills, and I'm close to paying off my school loan. Why not get some parts?

...life's good (cheers)(cheers)

Back