Drl

mihalis

There was a message forum out there on this CX-9 post that I cannot locate anymore, so I'm looking for some help. It had to do with a wiring kit so the CX-9 would use the high-bean as a DRL. Can anyone help me with this?

I discovered the other day when I have the parking lights on, the high beam goes on low, to act as a DRL, along with the side marker, nice new feature, no longer need the DRL :)

Mihalis, just fyi, running drl will significantly reduce the lifespan of a clear headlamp body lens. You will see yellowing of the outside lens much sooner than a lens that only uses light at night. Lens polish can get rid of light yellowing and sanding can cure heavy yellowing, but once you sand or polish a lens, you remove the UV coating, and will then have to polish every month. Just something to consider. Lens yellowing is caused by the heated lens reacting to dust/dirt outside, temp difference between outside lens and inside warm lens, and not washing the lamp will exacerbate / expedite the problem. Sorry to be long winded. Just a consideration in using illumination during the day.

Mihalis, just fyi, running drl will significantly reduce the lifespan of a clear headlamp body lens. You will see yellowing of the outside lens much sooner than a lens that only uses light at night. Lens polish can get rid of light yellowing and sanding can cure heavy yellowing, but once you sand or polish a lens, you remove the UV coating, and will then have to polish every month. Just something to consider. Lens yellowing is caused by the heated lens reacting to dust/dirt outside, temp difference between outside lens and inside warm lens, and not washing the lamp will exacerbate / expedite the problem. Sorry to be long winded. Just a consideration in using illumination during the day.

I usually wash my car often, and even my Accord that I kept for over 5 years that had DRL, no problem. I see the problem more on cars that are about 7+ years old. Thanks for the heads up though, good to know.

Back