DRL Kit?

MASTERNC

:
04 Mazda 3i 5-speed (Strato Blue)
I live in PA and with the amount of work zones in the area (PA law requires the use of headlights in work zones), I am figuring that it is worth just having lights on all the time. JC Whitney sells kits to have the car turn on low-beam headlights automatically with ignition (using reduced intensity). However, when I contacted the manufacturer, I was told they couldn't tell me anything about installation unless I had the schematics for the headlamp-to-dash wiring.

Anyone have any experience with these things or know where I can get the wiring diagram?

You might be able to just get a DRL module from Mazda that will plug right in. Talk to a dealer in Canada and see what they can come up with.

goldwing2000 said:
You might be able to just get a DRL module from Mazda that will plug right in. Talk to a dealer in Canada and see what they can come up with.
Really? Have you done this at all? That would be awesome. I always turn my lights on when I drive.

krstofer said:
Really? Have you done this at all? That would be awesome. I always turn my lights on when I drive.

I've seen vehicles where it was possible but I don't know for sure if it can be done with the 3.

goldwing2000 said:
I've seen vehicles where it was possible but I don't know for sure if it can be done with the 3.

I live in Canada, my car came equipped with DRL's and automatic headlights.
So I imagine even the sensor for the auto lights could be added as well, but you'd probably have to by a new switch. Mine has 4 settings, Off, Park, On, Auto

Here's a pic, please excuse the quality as I just cropped it from a dash pic I alread had.
autolights.jpg

When you're speaking about "auto" headlights, you mean the ones that turn on based on outdoor lighting conditions? If so, I'm not sure if I need those. I know there is an aftermarket DRL kit which includes a sensor for auto headlights, but I just want one that turns on head and tail lights automatically upon ignition using reduced power.

Back