DRL - daylight running lights on tail lights?

:
2008 Mazda 5 SPORT
Hi Guys. Im from denmark. I have af '13 cx5. We need by law, the DRL. On the headlights only, not the tail lights. But I want the DRL to work On tail lights too. How do i get this to work? My dealer wants about 600$ to get it to work. I need some kind of relay, he says. It must be done cheaper.
Please help.

I found an archived post on miata.net that shows how one person wired up DRLs for the rear.

It would be a good place to start. Seems like the easiest way to do this would be to buy a pair of lights like these, then wire them to the existing DRLs or a circuit that comes on with the ignition only (that way, the lights turn on and stay on as long as the engine is running).

Upvote 0
Try turning your lights on and leaving them on. On recent models the light turn off automatically after a short time and will come back on when you start the car again, not sure about Denmark 2013...

Upvote 0
Hi Guys. Im from denmark. I have af '13 cx5. We need by law, the DRL. On the headlights only, not the tail lights. But I want the DRL to work On tail lights too. How do i get this to work? My dealer wants about 600$ to get it to work. I need some kind of relay, he says. It must be done cheaper.
Please help.
The strange part of reduce-powered high-beam DRLs on your 2013 CX-5 is that they are wired in series. You can use the DRL signal to trigger a relay, which drives the tail lights as long as there’s no conflict with power source from parking lights and headlights. To avoid unexpected conflict, the easiest is to use a dedicated tail lights such as the unused real fog lights (US CX-5) on bumper.

But I’d take GAXIBM’s advice simply just keep the light switch at the headlight-on or parking-light-on position all the time, provided that the DRL regulation in Denmark allows full-powered headlights as DRLs.

Upvote 0
Back