DRL + Auto-On (DIY or Kit)

6speed

:
'05 MSM #36, '05 WWP RX-8
I did multiple searches, through Yahoo! and this site, looking for DIY or a kit with both DRL and Auto-On.

I can find either, but not both. Would this be a 2-kit setup? Or does anyone know of a kit that includes both?

One hitch in it, is that I don't want to have the DRLs set up for my headlights, I want them set up to my amber blinkers/markers. My Corolla has the DRLs and I have burnt many HID bulbs due to the system, but I will want the Insurance discount for DRLs...

Any help is appreciated.

Protege5, 2002. Not sure if it would be a universal type DIY or not... but guess I should have included that :)

Hi, I looked into DRL's myself when I first got my P5. Apparently, the previous 2 generations of Proteges shared the same wiring set-up w/ the Canadian cars. However, they changed that w/ the 3rd gen. Proteges, including the P5, and you would have to swap all of the wiring, it's nothing as simple as installing a relay or something like that, unfortunately. I saw one site that looked like it might sell something, but no recommendations of it and I couldn't find anyone who had tried it.

As for Auto-On, do you mean remote start or a kit where you turn the key and the lights come on automatically and maybe go off automatically too when you turn off the car?

BTW, where in Maryland are you?

Auto-On for night time, all lights operate at normal full capacity when a photo-cell detects reduced, lowered, etc... light conditions.

And that is good information on the DRLs... I will let people here know if I find a good/easy way to do it.

Laurel MD technically, though I travel all over between Aberdeen, Baltimore, DC, Literally all over Montgomery County, and might as well throw in Northern VA since I end up there alot too.

There is a reason my 2002 Corolla has 91,576 miles on it :)

Well, looking back at your post, you are describing close enough to the DRLs that I would like, that if there is a good DIY or kit for that I could probably modify it enough to only have the markers light up.

I blow too many bulbs in my Corolla to use the headlights for DRLs, and using the markers/signals for DRLs are sufficient enough for my insurance company to give me the safety discount, though I plan on converting the side reflector markers in the front fenders to actual lights if possible.

Back