Draining Transmission and Coolant Fluids

kosteniuks17

:
Mazda Protege5 2003
So I've decided to finally do a transmission flush to my P5, now with 150k and decided to go with the redline mt90 which seems to be the favorite from most the people on this website. So I think I almost fully understand how to drain it correctly but I was wondering if its necessary to lift it to get to the drain plug? I plan to do this within the next week or so. Also I didn't really see any good forums on doing a coolant flush and was wondering if there is a drain plug like for the transmission fluid but for the coolant?

I think I was able to do it without lifting it, but it's tight down there. Make sure you can get the pan underneath. You're going to need (if you didn't already know) a flexible funnel to pour the oil into the side fill hole.

BTW, when you say "flush", you mean changing the manual transmission oil, right?

Alright sounds great I'll try and get on it sometime soon, but yes I meant manual transmission oil change sorry for the confusion. So is the correct amount to pour in about 3 quarts?

Back