Drag racing - post your 1/4 mile times here!

Camshaft

:
2011 Mazda2
I know import drag racing died with big wings and vinyl graphics, but I'm just curious what people are running with lightly modified 2s. My pal thinks his Abarth is hot stuff and he's running 15.9s; I'm expecting 17.5s stock out of our cars. I'm especially curious to see what cars with the Dynotronics ECU are running.

I haven't been to the drag strip yet but I have been to Nelson Ledges Road Course for numerous track days. My best lap time ever with all my current mods was 1:25.45

I would be afraid of popping the gearbox if the car really hooked up racing on the drag strip.

Derrick

Sorry if im reviving a dead thread here but i took my 2 to the drag strip here just for some laughs and ran a 17.3 with a .05 reaction time... Actually took a 1995 Nissan 240sx he missed 3rd gear felt good :)

Sorry if im reviving a dead thread here but i took my 2 to the drag strip here just for some laughs and ran a 17.3 with a .05 reaction time... Actually took a 1995 Nissan 240sx he missed 3rd gear felt good :)

Lol, I bet that guy in the nissan felt silly.

-Derrick

hahahaha, drag is the last thing I'll do with the 2 but 17sec should be the norm I think.

I did 16.8 secs in a little bit downhill... (using torque pro android application)
waiting for headers and short shift to try it again, I do not expect differences in the results, but just for fun.
I have no ECU reflash.

Last edited:
Back