Double DIN Head Unit in 2000 Mazda Protege?

:
2000 Mazda Protege
Hi guys,

I'm hoping for some guidance on this... I have a single DIN head unit (Pioneer DEH-5300UB) installed currently, I'm wondering if it would be possible to install a double DIN head unit instead. I'm not sure if the information on Crutchfield.ca is accurate because it says on their website that none of the double DIN units will work in my car, and yet the factory unit had a CD/radio on the top and tape player on the bottom. Couldn't I just use something like this? If it will work I'm also looking for some suggestions on a unit to get, I'm not sure whether to get a cheaper one without a GPS and buy a separate GPS (I may also be upgrading my phone soon too, which will probably have a GPS built in...), or just buy one with a GPS built in. I'd like to be able to stream audio from my phone through bluetooth. I'd also like to be able to play video through usb. I've been looking through Pioneer's stuff and I found this, which looks really nice, but if you can suggest something less expensive that would be great! I don't really have a big budget for this.

Thanks!

If your going to get one get the absolute best. My mom decided to go cheap on hers and it's laggy and doesn't play music half the time unless you turn it on and off.

Back