Doc B Racing & Mazdas247.com are BACK and ready for more RACING!

Antoine

Administrator
Doc B Racing & mazdas247.com are BACK!

Checkout the Doc B MSP in action @ Mosport International Raceway Sep 15/16! (drive)

DocB%20Crew.jpg

When the team realized we had missed qualifying for the race in Toronto with Champ Car by a mere 7 laps we were crushed. Everyone had worked hard and was looking forward to that weekend especially. I had to take this setback and try to make it into a positive. I proposed to the team that we skip the next race at Calabogie and work even harder at achieving the reliability we have been striving for. This would give us the needed time to get the new gear package finished and installed in the race car. Also, we took a much needed day together with our families at a nearby lake to recharge our spirits.

During this time we updated some other portions of the race car including the front splitter. A new ruling that the complete car has to be a minimum of 3" from the ground required us to remake the vertical fence on the splitter, leaving insufficient room for the "Mazdas247.com" decal in the previous spot. I moved it up onto the body of the car as you will see in the pictures. I think it stands out even more here, especially since a fellow racer (driving a VW) came over while we were gridding for the race and mentioned he was a member of Mazdas247.com. His daily driver is a new Mazda3!

The race weekend at Mosport August 11/12 was a hot one in many ways! The temps all weekend were hovering in the 90's with high humidity to add to the mix. However, the Doc B Racing team had a new trick up it's sleeve! We installed a new Cool Shirt driver cooling system in the car for this weekend. Both drivers, Frank Swiader and Tom Bork raved about the ability to maintain concentration in the face of the heat. To give you an idea, they both wear Nomex underwear (the equivalent of long underwear worn in winter's cold temperatures) and a 3 layer driving suit (the equivalent of a snowmobile suit) with in-car temperatures in the 110-120 degree range!

Frank Swaider was elected to run the qualifying race on Saturday. He gave it his all getting the car into the top ten in class. However, trying to hold off a hard charging car from behind he spun into the gravel trap only 3 corners from the finish. Frank collected up the car and brought it across for a finish and much needed points.On Sunday, team driver Tom Bork would have to start near the back of the 40 plus car field. With the aid of the newly developed transmission gears and the newly installed driver cooling system he was able to charge to an 8th place finish in class!

The team looks forward to the next race weekend September 15/16 at Mosport. Your support and the support of the whole Mazdas247.com community is much appreciated and definitely keeps us charged for a win!

Sincerely,
Tom Bork
Doc B Racing

Tom & Doc B Racing have obtained Authorized Vendor status and will be offering products developed and tested on the track!

Checkout what Doc B Racing has to offer you!

- ARP stud/bolt kits for MSP exhaust manifold, turbo, and S-pipe (newly developed exclusive)

- Adjustable timing gears for the FS-DE motor (under development)

- "crack fix" for the MSP Calloway exhaust manifold (under development)

icon2.gif
Contact Tom via PM: MP3racer or e-mail: TBork95577@AOL.com

The 2007 Castrol Canadian Touring Car Championship Schedule:

Jun 2/3 Shannonville Motorsport Park
Jul 6/7/8 Grand Prix of Toronto
Jul 28/29 Calabogie Motorsports Park
Aug 11/12 Mosport International Raceway
Sep 1/2 Mosport International Raceway
Sep 15/16 Mosport International Raceway
Sep 29/30 Mosport International Raceway

I know it's probably uber mad top secret, but can we get ANY specs on that car?

sweet! Good luck out there guys, way to keep the mazda's in the race scene! I want pics of these products you guys are coming out with!! peace.

Joey G. Jr.

Again, THANK YOU for all the support!!! I'll post some more info (specs, etc.) in a bit. First is an "action shot from the past weekend....
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BARC0811-0381.jpg
    BARC0811-0381.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 837
  • BARC8_07_053r[1]-1.jpg
    BARC8_07_053r[1]-1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 837
Last edited:
Thanks for including me in your racing report!

Tom, Thanks for mentioning me in your race report. I'm the competitor, Kevin, that said hi on Moc grid on Sunday.
I've had a MazdaSpeed Protege for almost 4 years before changing to the MazdaSpeed6 last year. But I race a VW Jetta. Car # 162 Yeah I know but.........
Congrats on the top 10 finish, I started on the outside of you, and I remember passing you up the back straight, but that was short-lived after I got punted (racing incident) on the exit of 8 by a civic, after which I lost a few spots, before being almost run off the track by another civic, after he hit me going into turn 2. I lost composure, and was a back marker for most of the race until I had to retire with 10mins. to go. Over all not a great weekend, but not too bad for my first time out, with the car, and seeing Mosport at race speeds, WOW!!

Your car has the speed to finish on the box, but we all need track time for car setup so we can run at the front.

I think it's cool that you race with us in the Canadian Touring Car Championship, and look forward in seeing you at the next event.

Tom, Thanks for mentioning me in your race report. I'm the competitor, Kevin, that said hi on Moc grid on Sunday.
I've had a MazdaSpeed Protege for almost 4 years before changing to the MazdaSpeed6 last year. But I race a VW Jetta. Car # 162 Yeah I know but.........
Congrats on the top 10 finish, I started on the outside of you, and I remember passing you up the back straight, but that was short-lived after I got punted (racing incident) on the exit of 8 by a civic, after which I lost a few spots, before being almost run off the track by another civic, after he hit me going into turn 2. I lost composure, and was a back marker for most of the race until I had to retire with 10mins. to go. Over all not a great weekend, but not too bad for my first time out, with the car, and seeing Mosport at race speeds, WOW!!

Your car has the speed to finish on the box, but we all need track time for car setup so we can run at the front.

I think it's cool that you race with us in the Canadian Touring Car Championship, and look forward in seeing you at the next event.

Kevin,

Good to hear from you....yeah, I had a front row seat for the door to door contact (bounce) you had with the Civic in turn 3.....I usually lay back a bit at the start to let all the crazyness sort itself out...you can't win a race in the first corner....especially when there are that many cars out there racing.....
AJ7_6666%20(Small).JPG

Yes, this was the staring grid for last weekends race, and yes I started at the back of this pack!!.......

Is each class raced seperate, or are all calsses run at once like in ALMS?

So are you required to let the faster classes pass, or can they only do it with a point by or what?

So are you required to let the faster classes pass, or can they only do it with a point by or what?

No one is required to let anyone pass...it is everyone for himself...all out racing....similar to ALMS, if an LMP2 is faster than an LMP car they are not required to let them pass. However, when final scoring is done it is done by class (again similar to ALMS, Grand Am Rolex, etc.)

As for Canada, we love it! Everyone is very welcoming and the racing is great!

Hey don't forget, instead of the photos in action, how bout some video??? can't seem to find any "you tube, google"

i know you said you have to keep the stock turbo and ex manifold, but are you allowed to port them?

Kool didn't know you are on this forum.. come by and say Hi to Team TwoFast Racing/International Allstars Canada and our Race Spec (World Touring Car Protege, formerly of Chip Herr) Now drivern by Christian Raymond next time you are at Mosport. He competes in the super touring class.

1306382076_499aa04eb2_o.jpg

1305396063_c04bd0ecf4_o.jpg

1305473107_945f276f54_o.jpg

Come by and say Hi... and sorry didnt mean to hijack your thread.. :)

Matt
International Allstars Marketing

Last edited:
Back