Do you want a trip computer on your mazda 3

sharing is caring, I think i might have figured how to turn the traction control off. If you hold the dsc button when starting the car the dsc light will come on and the icon that lights up when you lose traction will come on and stay on as well. I thought my car was broken, but I pushed the dsc button again and both went off. i haven't tried driving after doing this yet, it just happened tonight.

I just unlocked my trip computer this morning! I hate seeing the fuel mileage drop to single digits when the boost comes on. LOL. This is a great piece of info and i hope there are more to come. I wonder what buttons you push to unlock 400 whp? :)

Confirmed again!
The mileage numbers are not far off in my case, 19.1, just about what I had calculated. Thank you so much for sharing. Like someone else posted: any possibility of unlocking the MP3 functions om the damned stereo?

MAZDA i want a refund on my GT package. This is bulls***!....... lol J/K thats cool this is really working.

So i ask again wheres the series of door swings and button psuhing for my TRQ down low? :D

Cool man, it worked as described on my 2006 Mazda3 S Touring 5-door (purchased November 2005). It is really just a matter of enabling the display, the data were being collected anyway! As soon as I finished the procedure the average mpg, average speed and miles to empty where there already.

Kind of funny to think that for over a year I owned a car with a "hidden" feature... By the way, I didn't not find the mpg too far off. The display said 29.5mpg, which is what I get most of the time doing the calculation on my own from fill up to fill up (in case anybody is wondering I drive approx. 50% highway and 50% backroads with very few intersections and almost zero stop and go in traffic)

We'll see how it is on the road, I have taken a day off today and I have not driven the beast yet after the "mod".

Thanks Dread, nice no cost upgrade!!!! (headbang)

Cool "hack" dread. =D

Makes sense though, why make two different displays just to hide trip information.
Only thing I notice about having the trip computer is it makes me drive slow b/c now you can see in numbers that punching it in first or second makes the fuel consumption sky rocket. =\

Yup, worked in my MS3 Sport too. I was also averaging 19.1 mpg, but 80% of my driving is city, so I expected that.

This will be great for my two road trips this year: DE to GA in April and DE to SC in July

just tried it on an 06 mazda5 just for the hell of it... *gasp* big surprise, it didn't work

Thanks! I did this yesterday and it worked. I have a little over 5000 miles and it had 24.5 mpg avg and my avg speed was 38 mph.

DREAD is the man!

CONFIRMED HERE ALSO!

You made my day, Dread!

Not sure if anyone else noted it, but if you hold the SET button on any of the displays, it will reset it. ie. If you are displaying avg fuel economy, hold SET, and it will reset.

Another note

In case anyone is wondering, you don't have to actually start your engine ... if you turn your key far enough to turn the ignition system on - just short of actually starting your car - that is far enough.

PS. my car is a 2007 3i touring.

What sequence of button-presses will get me heated leather seats?

Seriously, though, there may be a secret way to enable playing of MP3 CDs.

what about the 5?

Hi:
I just bought a M5 (latin american version 2.0L) and the stereo looks like the M3. However I have tried the combination with two and three buttons (M5 stereo comes with CD, FM1/FM2 AND AM buttons), but so far haven't succed. Any iseas or should I give up?.

Thanks,

dread said:
This was posted in another forum. If you want to unluck your trip computer here is the procedure, but this only works on 06/07 mazda 3 and mazdaspeed 3's It wont work on earlier models because the radio is different.

Put key in ignition but don't start the car.
Hold down the AM/FM button and cd button at the same time
while holding the buttons start the car, Your radio will say hello and then it will change to say DIS on,
Once it says DIS on release the buttons and turn off the car.
Start the car again and press the set button to scroll through your trip computer features. If you want to reset your average milage or average speed, you need to hold the set button down while they are selected.
Press the clock button to get your clock back.
Now let party
(breakn) (nana) (idhitit) (dance)

Nice Tip! Worked on mine....a note to those that it didn't work on: Make sure the radio is "on" before you turn the car off to do the sequence. I had mine off and it didnt work, so i turned it on and then turned the car off. Worked after that.

Back