Do you text more than you make calls?

kleen_MZ6

:
2008 Mazda6i
How many people actually talk on the phone nowadays? I usually use about monthly

-250/300 minutes
-2000+text messaging
-2gigs of data

If I'm on the phone, it's usually with telemarketers or something or with family. I'd rather text than be on the phone. If I want to talk to you I'd rather "talk face to face"....hahahahaha

same here. if i use 200 min thats wayyyy too much. i think i can safely say i send about 3000 texts and def more than 2gb of data.

everyone knows this about me: call me i wont pick up, text me and youll get an answer in less than 30sec. at least most of the time.

You sound like my daughter Goliat...she used to drive me nuts when I called her and it went to voicemail but when I texted her she would respond right away! Our fam does more texting as well, a typical month for 3 phones on my account:

~250 out of 700 shared minutes used
+10000 texts (one of the users is a 14yo girl)
~750,000kb of data (never really looked at it since my wife and I hardly use it (150mb each per month) and my daughter has unlimited

i have an excuse though. i work in an office and have to answer the phone. last thing i want to do is answer my phone when i get out of work lol. also the only reason i use 2gb of data is bc my gf is a fb feind. she grabs my phone and checks her fb all the time. i barely use internet since im on a comp 8 hrs a day lol

We use all of a 100 minutes of our 550 minute family plan between my wife and me. But, that doesnt mean I use a ton of texts either. I either, email or use one of the many messaging apps(trillian, google talk, whatsapp, groupme, etc) out there shared by all of my friends to prevent having to use texts.

With smart phones today and all of the apps available, paying for SMS texting is actually quite stupid. I have a $5, 250 message plan that I have just for the few texts I might send throughout the month to certain people, other than that I hate paying that $5.

I do however burn through about 4gigs of data every month between that and streaming music in the car.

^^^Makes sense for you, my plan with Verizon has unlimited texting rolled into the price for each line. So for me it makes more sense to text vs using the apps and data. I'm paying $15 a month for 150mb and if I should go over they hit me up another $15 for another 150mb.

yeah, luckily both of our lines are grandfathered in for the $29.99 unlimited data, even for 4G.

Nice and wish my cheapass would have jumped into that plan for both my wife and I's phones. My daughter is grandfathered in for that same plan and when my son gets a phone I'll have to pony up the $30 for the 2gb of data limit.

yeah that 2gb for $30 is a crock...I think they're running the deal right now that they usually do where you get double for that $30, so 4 gb.

Verizon has an "Account Analysis" function that I just discovered. My average usage is 72 minutes of talk, 1,413 texts, and 757mb of data. I wish I could get a pay as you go voice plan

same here. if i use 200 min thats wayyyy too much. i think i can safely say i send about 3000 texts and def more than 2gb of data.

everyone knows this about me: call me i wont pick up, text me and youll get an answer in less than 30sec. at least most of the time.

I'm the same way lol....No matter who's calling for some reason "i won't answer". Or if I'm calling someone (they won't answer) and just respond back via text message. And it's weird because if i get a text, i respond back within less than 20-30sec lol. I noticed this with a lot of people! Nobody talks on the phone anymore. My family, friends, co workers....Everyone just text messages or sends messages on FB

so far this month ive use 166 minutes (which is unbelievable to me, seeing as i dont talk on the phone) 3134 text messages and 1.95 gigs

lol well im a college student. kinda the only way we communicate with eachother

Back