diode mod vs. atp BCD

speed3shon

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3
on the audi's with map sensors, you could use a diode to control the voltage coming from the map sensor, to get around fuel cut.

this seems like a very cheap alternative to the atp boost cut defender...

thoughts?

Methinks you stumbled on something new to the MS3 community bud!

Dig up stuff and let us know what you are talking about.

yes with the correct resistor you can limit the amount of voltage that the maf sees.

Seems to make perfect sence..Someone here must know somthing about the volt readings from idle to wot.Sounds like something to look into since it would be very cheap to just add a resister in the line if the results are proven.

Last edited:
A resistor Isn't going to make any difference-resistors limit current not voltage. What you want is a zener diode, it will limit the map ouput to the zener voltage, but voltages below it are unaffectd. Or you could buy a MAP clamp.

But, we have a MAF and MAP sensors, and if the voltages from both don't correlate, you will still hit fuel cut. That's why most (if not all) of the MS6 owners who tried the ATP BCD still hit fuel cut.

Last edited:
there are "wire in " methods to lie to the MAP sensor..... turbosmart makes a boost cut defender like this. it is actually the better method too. the ATP piece actually vents out your boost before the map to make it see a lesser amount. considering the aturbo is already so small and over worked, i dont want any of my hard earned boost to be wasted ! PT performance is in the process of making a cheap ($60) electronic version they say...

Someone with a 1.8t Jetta did this on another forum I belong too. Good performmance and worked fine for a bit, but about five-six months later the car was starting to have problems in driving, back firing, wouldn't start, etc. Garage tunining is nice, but I think with my DD, I'll stick with spending a bit extra cash. It does work though.

Latest posts

Back