Digital camera??

msp35

:
03.5 MSP
What up photographers?
My g/f is looking for a digital camera under $200.
Any recommendations. She found a cybershot that she really liked
but I want to make sure it's a good choice.

-thanks

Canon's in this price range rock. 4 or 5MP is all you need. I have not been impressed with most other low-end cameras. I might try and get a better camera that is on clearence rather then a regularly priced $180-$200 camera.

my vote is for canons. in the fall i bought a canon sd600 and it's a great camera. they're now down in that price range, maybe slightly more but worth it imho. the 4-5mp version might be enough for what you need but in any case the canon SD series of cameras is where i would look if i were you

I vote for the Canons as well. I have a Powershot A610, bought last year around this time and it has served me well. I think it was around $280 or so...and I would at least go with a 4 or 5 MP, and take all pictures at full resolution, you can always reduce, but not necessary enlarge as well.

I got a canon sd630 for xmas for just under 220 and its usually priced at $300. got it for my gf and she loves it nice and small to fin in a purse and it has a large screen. would recommend it it takes great photos. Just keep your eye out for deals.

We have had a Canon Powershot a75 for a year or 2 now...meh, is all I can say about that. We're using the tax return to pick up a Sony Cybershot DSC H5. Everyone has given this camera great ratings, even though it's a bit more spendy! The DSC H2 (earlier model of the H5) is available in WalMart/Target for around $350.00. It has great ratings/reveiws too!

You can get most decent cams for under 200. I recomend going to the store to play with them. Ergonomics are important, at least to me. As well as actually going thru the menus etc.

I'd have to vote for Canon as well....It's the only brand I use...I'm currently using an A520 or something...5.2mbs approx..Got it for around $200.00...I think that what she will be using it for is the most important factor...If it is a party shot and quick pic type of use, then the Elph or something little and convienient to carry is the most important...Something that fits in your pocket or purse..

If it is for quality and controlled picture taking, then you should look more into the A series..They have better ergonomics and easier to navigate menus and controls than the Elph type cameras..but they are larger and hard to just carry around at all times....

Basically for $200-$300 you should be able to narrow it down to a few models, then from there factor in what you really would be using the camera for...That will show you the "best" one for her...

Is she set on a new camera? I rock a Nikon coolpix 5900.
They can be picked up new and used form $100-$200.

It takes pics like this:
det_01.jpg

and this:
blackonblack12.jpg

(both images scaled & cropped, orignial size would be WAY too big to post in here.)

Latest posts

Back