Differences between the 2007, 2008, and 2008.5

mordant80

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3
Anyone know exactly what the differences are? I am new to the forum and just bought a 2008. How can I tell if its a 2008 or 2008.5? The dealership didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked which 2008 model it was. But I'd also be interested to know the differences between all 3 models.

I've been trying to find the same info, but you can't search 2008.5
The search just drops the .5 and of course includes too many hits to be useful.
I'm wondering because my MPS3 GT says built in Mar/08 so should be 08.5 right?
Also has MP3, but after I got home I was upset to see that I did not get a rear cargo storage area. When I lift the spare tire cover I see only Styrofoam.
I was kinda hoping to use this area to keep cleaning products and the like from sliding around while I enjoy the turbo.
So do I have 08 or 08.5, and what other diffs are there?

outside of the color changes, the alcantara of the GT package is a dead giveaway, this and the piano black trim

If it's Crystal Pearl White, or Metropolitan Grey it's a 08.5. Comic Blue was dropped as a color option.

Sunlight Silver was dropped for 08.5 and 09 as well.

alcantra seats and piano black trim...if you search for 2008.5 you can see the interiors difference

Also, the color of the seat inserts is a dead give away. 07 and 08 had grey center inserts on the seats to match the charcoal trim, while 08.5 had all black seats.

alcantra seats and piano black trim...if you search for 2008.5 you can see the interiors difference

Thanks, but as I stated earlier in the thread the search function will not accept the .5 in 2008.5. this gives you all 500+ hits for 2008. Not very helpful.

So if I have piano black trim, black alcantra seats, and of course built in 03/2008, mine is a 2008.5 right?

If so could someone answer my above question, did they remove the cargo storage area above the spare? What else did 2008.5 give us?
1-MP3
2-Suede seats
3-diff ext colors
4-dash trim

I easily found a post over at the 'other' forums but know I had seen it here as well. Was easier to find knowing what should be in the posts...

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123712708&highlight=alcantara+2008+crystal

Second post down should have a scanned (or photoed) print out of the changes made for 2008.5.

If you have Piano Black trim... it's a 2008.5, no questions asked. If you have Alcantara seats (assuming a GT model), it's a 2008.5.

Thanks, but as I stated earlier in the thread the search function will not accept the .5 in 2008.5. this gives you all 500+ hits for 2008. Not very helpful.

So if I have piano black trim, black alcantra seats, and of course built in 03/2008, mine is a 2008.5 right?

If so could someone answer my above question, did they remove the cargo storage area above the spare? What else did 2008.5 give us?
1-MP3
2-Suede seats
3-diff ext colors
4-dash trim

Besides fitting the "proper" engine mounts after the recall, there is also some speculation that somewhere along the line the clutch was changed. Since there are people who own 07s that state that their clutch is very stiff, while newer owners state the contrary.

2008 had the revised transmission side mount/bolt! :p

Now with less engine fall out.

Something tells me we haven't heard the last of engines dropping out when you least expect. If there was significant change yes, but all they did was revise the bolt which just masks the original problem of a crappy mount designed for failure.

Just check you needles, if they are white you got an 8.5. Its not hard to figure out.

es so simpow

2008.5 Speed 3

Piano black trim
Black Alacantra seats (GT)
White Needles (speedo)
CD player now plays MP3 cd's
Red Mazdaspeed sticker on glovebox trim!

Colors
Crystal Pearl White Mica
Metropolitan Grey Mica
True Red
Black Mica

As for cargo storage, I don't think any Speed 3 has it(notcool), only non-speed 3's
They also don't need the recals earlier models did.
I think I got it all

Latest posts

Back