Differences between 2013-15 models

5zoom

:
08 Mazda5
I know the differences between the first year 12-13 models, just wondering for those of you that have 13-15 models if there are any differences. For those that have Touring and GT models, do you like the bluetooth speaker set up? Also wondering if the Sport models have a USB and aux jack, as I get conflicting info. My 08 has 169k and I want to be ready to pounce on a newer one when the time comes.

My 2014 Sport has USB and aux input. FYI; USB only charges with the ignition on (or maybe stereo?). The 2015 Sport I saw did not have bluetooth which sort of surprised me.

I have a 2013 sport. It has the USB and AUX, not blue tooth. Charges only when ignition is on. Issue I have with the USB is that it is only .5 amp. If I am running music and GPS on my S6 phone it will barely charge. It is more to keep it at its current amount of power. I do like the feature to burn a bunch of mp3s to a CD and use that. This allows the same functionality as the phone without me needing to hook it up. The steering wheel controls are nice. It is a good feature that the beep can be enabled and disabled when a button is pushed. I also like the fact that unlike so many other manufacturers Mazda chose not to use a touch screen and stay with big buttons. I have big hands and live where winters are cold. Everything can be hit with gloved hands. One downside is that the speakers are not that great.

My 2015 GT has BT, USB, 3.5mm, and a Cig lighter socket. The BT works great. When a call comes in and I take it--it will return to what was playing before after I hang up. Lately, though, the microphone has been working intermittently when I want to talk to Google. My one gripe is whenever I plug it in via USB to charge it, Music automatically starts playing--even though said music has NOT even been downloaded to my iPhone 6. There are no autoplay settings in the M5's menus, and I've turned off Music under "Use Cellular Data for..." settings, etc... I hope Apple comes up with a fix.

Latest posts

Back