difference between bypass valve and blow off valve

mazda_dan

:
2008.5 mazdaspeed 3
im thinking about getting either one of these but i wanna know the whats the best choice as of right now my ms3 is stock. im leaning towards the forge motorsports bypass valve or the turbosmart bypass valve becuase they are cheaper than the blow off valves.

the bypass valve recirculates the extra air that is inthe lines, while a blow off valve just purges the air to the outside.
our cars are made to have a bpv and that is why they come stock with one. i have a forge bpv in my car and i love it and the sound it makes when you shift
i have never ran a bov, but i have heard that they made the car run really bad, but sounds cooler when you shift

I'm never the search police, but you obviously didn't even bother searching the threads first. Sh*t, you probably didn't even Google it.

search, google, wikipedia, anything...

I have the forge and it works great and is the cheapest BPV, cant go wrong.

I'm never the search police, but you obviously didn't even bother searching the threads first. Sh*t, you probably didn't even Google it.

The search police, they live inside of my head.
The search police, they come to me in my thread.
The search police, they're coming to arrest me, oh no.

(five-0)

no worries. AAMguy (his bpv sticky) looks like he'a banned so no complaints from him.

forge like cwp said.

Hush little poster, dont say a word

And never mind that flame you heard

Its just the search police under your bed,

In your innanets, in your head

ok thnx a lot i think i am going to go with the forge bpv. but the reason i joined mazdas 247 is get answers to my questions not go on wikipedia or google.

ok thnx a lot i think i am going to go with the forge bpv. but the reason i joined mazdas 247 is get answers to my questions not go on wikipedia or google.

many love the forge. the black one looks almost identical to stock. it is cheap and performs well from what i hear.

personally im going with the hks. either one you go with, whether it be forge or turbosmart would be better than stock.

and with our cars, if you want your car to run the way its supposed to then you need to run your bov in recirculating mode...not vent to atmosphere...

click on the link to the thread in the above posts and it will shed some light on your questions (drinks)

Back