Did you know...?

InsidiousMSP

:
Black Mazdaspeed
This post is not ment as a flame, nor should it be turned into one. I'm mainly posting this as a little lesson of the day, after reading the recent arguments on the forum regarding DiscreetSpeed and his claims. Maybe this will shed some light on the subject and even clear up any disbelief people may have of the MSPs capabilities with basic modifications, Discreet's in particular. Please do not turn this into a flame war, as I only want to illustrate the importance of one thing: Overlooking 1/4 mile ETs and realizing that they mean nothing off the track. When you race at anything over 10mph, the only consideration should be your trap speed -- as that mph is a direct result of your power to weight ratio, along with gearing and drivetrain loss. People had a hard time believing he beats WRXs? Even Evolutions you say? You've got to be kidding me. :) Let me wrap this up like this...

Line up a guy who runs a 12.9 @ 108mph with a guy who runs a 14.0 @ 108mph, assuming neither let off before the end, from a 2nd gear punch they will be side-by-side by that speed. With that in mind, check this out: Discreet does 14.4 @ 105mph. Might not look impressive to the average drag racing enthusiast, but please take note of his trap speed, and compare it to the following list of trap speeds, assembled from glorified magazine tests:

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera - 103mph

2003 BMW M3 - 105mph

1998 Toyota Supra TT - 105mph

2002 Acura NSX - 106mph

2001 Ferrari 360 Spider F1 - 106mph

Makes not believing he beats WRXs (92mph) seem a bit silly now, huh? I hope this helps a little.

Last edited:
I never doubted that his car was fast, however if you want me to believe that his car is as fast or faster than an NSX you're smoking crack and you should read my avatar.

My only problem with Discreet is he REFUSES to go to the track and post a timeslip. I've even offered to pay him for it. He races on the street and says it's just not fun to race on the track. That is a RICER comment. I know that turbo cars pull well from a roll. I also know that judging by his "quoted" 14.4s that he probably can't launch or shift worth a s***. THATS why he won't go to the track. If he's so fast from a roll he should just start rolling from the staging lanes and punch it when the light comes down.

If he were a "real" racer he'd go to the track. My philosphy is "put up or shut up."...I'm waiting for him to do either.

lol..here we go again "used to be" turbo matty lol... as i posted in another thread..you wouldnt know anything about launchin our cars...lol you never even reached or came near the hp i have..
lol i admit launching at 15psi is pretty freakin hard to do....but you wouldnt know.
and ill hold you up to that offer the next time i go..

thank you insidious. you're always the voice of reason. maybe this time the magazine racers will shut up.

Turbo Matty P said:
I never doubted that his car was fast, however if you want me to believe that his car is as fast or faster than an NSX you're smoking crack and you should read my avatar.

My only problem with Discreet is he REFUSES to go to the track and post a timeslip. I've even offered to pay him for it. He races on the street and says it's just not fun to race on the track. That is a RICER comment. I know that turbo cars pull well from a roll. I also know that judging by his "quoted" 14.4s that he probably can't launch or shift worth a s***. THATS why he won't go to the track. If he's so fast from a roll he should just start rolling from the staging lanes and punch it when the light comes down.

If he were a "real" racer he'd go to the track. My philosphy is "put up or shut up."...I'm waiting for him to do either.
You don't make much sense in that post, but I just want to say, just because you regard 1/4 mile drag racing as the ultimate performance benchmark, doesn't mean everyone else does. I know many people who go to the track and roll off the line just to see their trap speed. Why prove to someone how quick they are to 1320 feet, especially when there is a great risk of breaking parts when launcing. His 14.4 @ 105 does indicate that his launch is not good, but it appears to me that you've probably never drivin a modified MSP down the track, as you would know, traction and wheel hop is a HUGE issue -- till the end of 2nd gear.

Last edited:
proof is in the pudding dude. I've asked you to go the track and post ACTUAL slips before and your response is "but racing at the track is boring...street racing is more funner" or some dumb s***.

Don't think because I don't MSP I have no other turbo cars. I've got a 1976 Pinto running 26psi on a T3/T4. I've also got an 88 Thunderbird turbo I'm toying with now. Either of these cars will roast you.

All I've asked you to do is put your "money where your mouth is". Hell, I'm even fronting the money! You impress no'one with your trap speed. If you can't outrun a 99 mustang GT in the quartermile or less than I could care less. Wow, you can pull on a WRX from a roll....so could I in my MSP and I was only hitting 10-12psi. Yes, I know what it's like to launch a MSP at 12psi also. your car isn't special dude....it's the same as every other stock block / stock turbo Msp on this board. so what if you have a FMIC and more boost?? Put down some better numbers than the other guys and I'll be impressed and give you props. It's as easy as that.

Turbo Matty P said:
proof is in the pudding dude. I've asked you to go the track and post ACTUAL slips before and your response is "but racing at the track is boring...street racing is more funner" or some dumb s***.

Don't think because I don't MSP I have no other turbo cars. I've got a 1976 Pinto running 26psi on a T3/T4. I've also got an 88 Thunderbird turbo I'm toying with now. Either of these cars will roast you.

All I've asked you to do is put your "money where your mouth is". Hell, I'm even fronting the money! You impress no'one with your trap speed. If you can't outrun a 99 mustang GT in the quartermile or less than I could care less. Wow, you can pull on a WRX from a roll....so could I in my MSP and I was only hitting 10-12psi. Yes, I know what it's like to launch a MSP at 12psi also. your car isn't special dude....it's the same as every other stock block / stock turbo Msp on this board. so what if you have a FMIC and more boost?? Put down some better numbers than the other guys and I'll be impressed and give you props. It's as easy as that.
sorry buddy but impressing you is not a concern...why dont you send me the 20 bucks and we'll be friends...yes..no?
lol 12 is different from 15 there boost junkie...and what other msp here is pushing higher than 234hp and 235tq?...daily driven.

InsidiousMSP said:
just because you regard 1/4 mile drag racing as the ultimate performance benchmark, doesn't mean everyone else does.

thats an assumption...i consider drag racing ON THE TRACK more important than some punk-ass street racer who can't drive his car from a stop

it appears to me that you've probably never drivin a modified MSP down the track, as you would know, traction and wheel hop is a HUGE issue

You're right fella, I guess I never raced a modified MSP....I guess mazda had me pegged wrong all along. My Msp was set around 10-12psi all the time and I had the cat-less DP also.
I digress....all I want is PHYSICAL proof. The video didn't show anything, his "claims" don't prove anything. I just want to see him turn some impressive numbers at the track and then I'll cheer him on.

By your logic a car that runs 14.4s @ 104mph is faster than a car that runs 13.4s @ 100mph?? Wow, I know some mustang guys who would love a piece of that race.

QwickSTi's msp put down more than that....I think he had 250-260whp on his car. I'll have to dig to find his actual numbers....he was running 13.8's or so last I checked.

InsidiousMSP said:
You don't make much sense in that post, but I just want to say, just because you regard 1/4 mile drag racing as the ultimate performance benchmark, doesn't mean everyone else does...

(bowdown)

Well put Insidious. I'm tired of hearing everyone put down what Discreet does. Instead of being a club of enthusiasts that help each other out, it seems like so many of you guys just want to talk s*** to everyone. Matty, he went to the track and got a timeslip. Your a dumbass in 95% of your posts. "OH my pinto will roast you":rolleyes:

oh s***

(fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight)(fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight) (fight)

oh wait... aren't you the one who put a MBC on your speed without a gauge and blew it up??? I had forgot about that.

haha, I rest my case.

505zoom said:
oh wait... aren't you the one who put a MBC on your speed without a gauge and blew it up??? I had forgot about that.

haha, I rest my case.
(burnout) (burnout) (burnout)
Oh s***.... HEHEHEH

Turbo Matty P said:
QwickSTi's msp put down more than that....I think he had 250-260whp on his car. I'll have to dig to find his actual numbers....he was running 13.8's or so last I checked.

You'll never find him if you use that name...

JoeP = kwiktsi

not QwickSTi

lol oh that guy...lol he did one pull at 18 psi...
"NOT DAILY DRIVEN" read wtf i said plz next time. daily driven...

Last edited:
but that was not driven daily at that amount of boost. I think he ran 18psi that day that he dynoed it with race fuel and then turned it down if I recall correctly. I believe the launching problems. I have a feeling this thread is gonna get closed though.

I love the misinformation flying around.....

if he's taken it to the track lets see that timeslip....where is it?? it's easier to host a timeslip pic than a bad video.

I've blown more cars racing then you guys will ever own. If the MSP was meant to be a drag racer it would've had a real engine put in it. Discreet and insidous are ricer-extremes. Say you want and believe what ou want, but I've got good money that says you will get your ass handed to you by bonestock, redneck-powered, 99-03 Mustang Gt's....

YOUR TIMES AND NUMBERS ARE NOT IMPRESSIVE TO ANYONE.....it's not me you have to impress, but unless you can beat a 5yr old redneck car thats worth about $6K then you have nothing to brag about...it's the same old ricer argument...yeah, I may not make 300hp, but I make 100hp PER LITER...yeah, take that!! no...I'm still slower, but I have a number that is higher than yours!! SO I WIN!!.....how lame you are.

As for my pinto....I don't see why it's not comperable. It's a 4cyl car that weighs about 2600lbs.....hell it's even an automatic. Why can't these two race??? s***, I'll race by your standards...I'll race you from a 30 kick....would you feel better then??

Latest posts

Back