Dh a/f accuracy.

see ure not keeping up with the commanded either. Your running about 11.0 in certain places. what are you mods and temps?

i dont get this car, some people are reporting commanded in the low 9s and your showing commanded in the low 10s.

Last edited:
see ure not keeping up with the commanded either. Your running about 11.0 in certain places. what are you mods and temps?

i dont get this car, some people are reporting commanded in the low 9s and your showing commanded in the low 10s.

Temp was about 45 F, only engine mod is Cobb SRI (till tax refund comes (nana))

And my commanded did drop down into the 9's, the grid is attatched to rpms so it's kinda hard to track it back. Does anyone know how to change what the grid snaps to?

Last edited:
Here's my logs. I'm basically stock except for MS CAI. But it seems that my AFR tracks the commanded pretty well when starting from a standstill (log 1). The second log was started from a roll in 2nd gear and they didn't track nearly as well. Both runs same day @ 70F.

Hope they help.

Attachments

• Gears_1-4_AFR_Boost_timing.jpg
    Gears_1-4_AFR_Boost_timing.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Gears_2-4_AFR_Boost_timing.jpg
    Gears_2-4_AFR_Boost_timing.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 107
Temp was about 45 F, only engine mod is Cobb SRI (till tax refund comes (nana))

And my commanded did drop down into the 9's, the grid is attatched to rpms so it's kinda hard to track it back. Does anyone know how to change what the grid snaps to?

Right click in the graph section and select edit. On the Grid box select the PID you want for your Y-axis.

Here's my logs. I'm basically stock except for MS CAI. But it seems that my AFR tracks the commanded pretty well when starting from a standstill (log 1). The second log was started from a roll in 2nd gear and they didn't track nearly as well. Both runs same day @ 70F.

Hope they help.

you in the 12.0 range as well. this is intresting. Only an intake?

Well driver recieved my DH and based on quick runs, its off by about 1 point to lean. he didnt datalog anything, he was just staring at it and his uego. im going to send him over the software and hes gonna datalog and post here.

btw at idle is uego reads 14.7 14.8 and the dh reads 14.2-14.5

Well driver recieved my DH and based on quick runs, its off by about 1 point to lean. he didnt datalog anything, he was just staring at it and his uego. im going to send him over the software and hes gonna datalog and post here.

For a real comparison can Driver get someone to video both gauges side by side while he makes a run? It's the only way the rest of us will see how they compare.

Is 0.2-0.6 a significant difference? Is that within the margin of error?
Would that be the signal loss of having to travel through wires, ECU, chips, more wires, DH wire, into DH, chips, convertions, etc... Versus a direct signal from a remote WB O2?
(huh)

I don't think of the DH as a precision instrument. More of an insight on what your engine is doing. Just like gauges, you can buy a $29.95 boost gauge that gives you an overall ball park or a $300 digital liquid filled boost gauge that will be dead on.

Last edited:
as in me running 13.0 through the gears is actually 12.0. BIG difference there.

and me running high 11's through 4th is actually high 10s

I don't think the dashhawk is "off" per se. It would actually be the Mazda OEM sensor that is off. All the dashhawk does is grab the data from the sensor. It might lose a .1 here or there due to signal loss, etc. But I doubt its a full 1.0 off from "actual" unless the sensor is actually 1.0 off.

Which I guess could point to a whole other host of problems if your ECU is asking for 9.0 AFR, but a faulty sensor is causing you not to be able to hit that number.

I don't think the dashhawk is "off" per se. It would actually be the Mazda OEM sensor that is off. All the dashhawk does is grab the data from the sensor. It might lose a .1 here or there due to signal loss, etc. But I doubt its a full 1.0 off from "actual" unless the sensor is actually 1.0 off.

Which I guess could point to a whole other host of problems if your ECU is asking for 9.0 AFR, but a faulty sensor is causing you not to be able to hit that number.

(scratch) You are right, definitely may be a possibility... I know there will be some signal loss compared to a dedicated O2 like the AEM unit. But what is a significant difference...? Laloosh mentioned 0.2-0.6 difference during idle... I would suspect that the lower end of that difference is totally acceptable. Remember guys, this is not the Space Shuttle... (lol2)

I know no car manufacture is going to spend millions on designing a 100% precision/accurate sensor...so some slight differences/variances are expected.

Last edited:
Where is drivers WB sensor? In the DP? How close is it to the stock sensor? Depending on how different the 2 WB's locations are will have a impact on readings. But there definitely shouldn't be a difference of 1 point. Something doesn't seem right there.

Drivers wideband is installed exactly according to AEMs instructions. it is 1 foot from the turbo.

How far away is that from the stock sensor? I haven't looked at mine yet so I have no idea where it is actually located.

i'm picking up my DH this afternoon and i'm scheduled to dyno tomorrow morning.

will post results.

no clue, im sure driver will chime in once he does the testing.

Aftermarket widebands have to be recalibrated every couple of months/miles

The stock doesnt? YEA RIGHT, its probably just starting to be off due to mileage and heat

i'm picking up my DH this afternoon and i'm scheduled to dyno tomorrow morning.

will post results.

I don't think it will track exactly the same either since the stocker is right at the outlet of the turbo and the dyno probe is in the tailpipe... There will be differences in readings.

I don't think it will track exactly the same either since the stocker is right at the outlet of the turbo and the dyno probe is in the tailpipe... There will be differences in readings.
figured i'd just chime in with my 2 cents.

Back