Decent universal torque wrench ???

CasopoliS

Contributor
:
05 Legacy GT, 06 Accord SE, Civic
I need to get a good torque wrench that will work for most applications.... lug nuts, exhaust components, engine parts, etc. Is there 1 torque wrench that would be good for most applications, or maybe a kit that has 1 smaller and 1 larger toque wrench? Anyone have good experiences with the 'clicking' torque wrenches that make a noise or click when you reach setpoint?
Please let me know your thoughts and reviews on torque wrenches... I want to get something good.

Thanks!

snap-on makes a 3/8'' digital torque wrench that is adjustable from inch pounds to foot pounds.. its a good buy go to there web site

Yeah I have a 25 dollar craftsman torque wrench that I use for everything I need a torque wrench for. I should use it more though, because I have a nasty habit of breaking nuts and bolts off important things on my car :(

I have the Craftsman Digitork Wrench with Digital Readout. It's 3/8" drive, reads 5-80 ft/lbs and also reads newton/meters. Current price is US $100. An excellent tool for the money. A dedicated carrying case to protect the wrench is only $8.

I probably shouldn't admit this but I have been using a 1/2" clicker torque wrench that I got from Harbor Freight Tools several years ago. I use it mostly for lug nuts, but it'd be fine for exhaust and general stuff like that, although I would get a better one if I was doing something where precision was important, like building an engine. Their website is:

http://www.harborfreight.com/

I did a quick search for torque wrench on their site and see the one I have is on sale for $9.99--what I paid. It's normally $19.99 and, in my opinion, a great deal at $10. I use it way more than my $50+ Craftsman.

I have a husky 120flbs big ole thing that I bought from home depot. Its amazing and definately gets the job done. Can't go wrong with snap on though.

I have the same one. I use it mainly for lug nuts and for the money it's worth it. I also paid 9.99 for it. Whether it is acurate or not, I do not know.

gar777 said:
I probably shouldn't admit this but I have been using a 1/2" clicker torque wrench that I got from Harbor Freight Tools several years ago. I use it mostly for lug nuts, but it'd be fine for exhaust and general stuff like that, although I would get a better one if I was doing something where precision was important, like building an engine. Their website is:

http://www.harborfreight.com/

I did a quick search for torque wrench on their site and see the one I have is on sale for $9.99--what I paid. It's normally $19.99 and, in my opinion, a great deal at $10. I use it way more than my $50+ Craftsman.

Back