Debating on selling car need opinions

My boss recently backed into my car.
He dented the driver side fender, cracked a very small portion of the driver side headlight (doesn't affect light AT ALL), and put some scratches on the front bumper.
So I got to thinking, I'm debating on pocketing the money that my boss gives me to fix the car and selling it at a very good price to someone out there.

So far the dmg done is a cracked windshield and the above
Other than that its normal wear n tear on a car (small scratches here n there that could be buffed out, maybe a small door ding here n there).

I have the stock exhaust/corksport exhaust on vehicle now
Rear valence got a lil melted before I could fix the corksport exhaust (not touching now)
DaveB Rings
Caps for roof

Approx. 86,000 miles
Everything sounds really good/performs well

I am just wondering what a 2002 Protege5 with Approx 86k miles with that dmg would go for? I can fix the dmg (windsheild & fender/bumper) and that would make the price go up a little but I figure if someone is wanting to do a bodykit or something this may work out to their advantage.

Only reason I am debating on selling is I want to be able to tow a motorcycle to the mountains and I can't do that with a P5. I'm thinking about getting a cheap little truck for now that I can tow stuff around with.

Last edited:
My friend just bought (yesterday) an 02.5 P5 with about 85K on it. It was $8,800 out the door from a dealer. The car is stock, with the exception of an aftermarket sunroof. The lower grill is broken, and the front bumper has some chips/scratches, but otherwise, it's in pretty nice shape.

Just thought I'd let you know for comparison sake.

It will probably be better if you go ahead and fix the damage. I think it will deter potential buyers, even if the price is lower to compensate for the damage. Usually, people don't want to have to worry about fixing something. That's just my opinion, though!

Foolish said:
My friend just bought (yesterday) an 02.5 P5 with about 85K on it. It was $8,800 out the door from a dealer. The car is stock, with the exception of an aftermarket sunroof. The lower grill is broken, and the front bumper has some chips/scratches, but otherwise, it's in pretty nice shape.

Just thought I'd let you know for comparison sake.

Damn, I'd have sold him mine for cheaper than that, auto, though.

thewrench said:
Damn, I'd have sold him mine for cheaper than that, auto, though.

He did like the yellow, but was insistant on 5-speed, so your car would have been tempting, but not an option. :D

We saw a yellow P5 at the Mazda dealer across from Korey's work, it had MS stickers front and rear, a CHEEEEEEEEEESY stick-on hood scoop, and really nice looking Motegi wheels and tint. It, too, was an auto.

A guy at my work is interested uin buying a Mazda, he just asked me today if i knwo anyone that was selling one. I'll ask him tomorrow when i get there.

Yea, let me know I can sell it really cheap without the dmg fixed (fender and windshield)

If I repair anything I'll probally do most of it myself to save on the cost of stuff.
Whatever no big deal to me, I'm not in a super rush to sell it or anything
and it has like 82,XXX miles.
I was close lol

Back