Daylight Demon Eyes

Badger Biker

:
2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited
I'm ordering a set of these myself in the near future, but for anyone else looking for something like this, umnitza has just made a kit for the 3 and it looks /sweet/!!!

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?products_id=278{4}13

Gallery of pictures: http://www.umnitza.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album21

Sample pic:

IMG_2463.sized.jpg

Left (Passenger) side is stock. Right (driver) side has the kit installed.

(cool)

Yep. Recreates the "Angel Eyes" that you have as DRLs in BMWs.

Why should bimmers have all the fun?

yeah i agree bmw's shouldn't have all the fun. but hey at least we get cheaper gas prices. unfortunatley we don't get rwd.

EDIT: how much do those cost?

just replace the front mazda logo with a beemer logo and see what kind of confused people you get, $15 vs $350. :)

I am sure that the install is tons of fun. I have yet to figure out the removal of the entire headlight assembly when you have the HIDs. And there is now way I will bake that housing.

ag bullet said:
I am sure that the install is tons of fun. I have yet to figure out the removal of the entire headlight assembly when you have the HIDs. And there is now way I will bake that housing.

I dont believe removing the ENTIRE housing is necessary when installing HID's. And although our cars resemble a bimmer, they look different enough.

BMW_5_6.jpg

1063117192.jpg

Old

I've had angel eyes on my 3 for quite a while now, and yes the install is pretty difficult. The dealer will not cover anything after you have taken apart the headlight housing which is what you have to do. Mine aren't quite as bright or nice but I did make them myself, and think making them is much more original than buying them from some store. They are too easy, and cheap to make.

Attachments

• Dustin-HL1.jpg
    Dustin-HL1.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 361
Hey, how did you make ur lights...parts and instructions

wrightdl said:
I've had angel eyes on my 3 for quite a while now, and yes the install is pretty difficult. The dealer will not cover anything after you have taken apart the headlight housing which is what you have to do. Mine aren't quite as bright or nice but I did make them myself, and think making them is much more original than buying them from some store. They are too easy, and cheap to make.

M3 5MT said:

WRONG!!!!! (protest)

It's $150 for the kit.

I'm not sure what those extra options are, but they aren't needed for the basic kit that you see in the picture.

I got an increase in my credit limit (birthday)

Looks like it's DDE time ;)

Parts and instructions

you just buy the number of leds you want, resistors and some clear curtain rods. Thats all you need then it's just the labor of putting them in. You can do a search on google for homeade angel eyes, or halo's and you will find the exact instructions I used to construct mine.

Good luck.

So these "options" are unnecessary? You're going to use a different harness? And they're HID, so dont you need the ballast?

Here's a picture of the kit as it comes in the mail:

dde-kit.jpg

I have started my install and I am making a super-how-to that'll cover bumper/headlight removal, instalation of the kit and wireing and goodies like that.

I'm making headlights for breakfast tomorrow ;)

Here is Gabe's mazda 3 from Hawaii. He built it himself.

Old pic.

IS-Ran-16.JPG

Back