DashHawk goodies

MShreve

:
2006 MazdaSpeed6
A thread dedicated to MS6 specific DashHawk info and goodies.

MS6 info:
Curb weight - 3589 lbs (full fluids, no occupants)
Drag coefficient - .31
Frontal area - 24.66 sq/ft

I calculated frontal area based off of an exterior width of 70.1" and an exterior height of 56.3" minus 10%. Hopefully that's close enough. Frontal area's not that crucial until you reach higher speeds (60mph+). If anybody has a more precise frontal area calculation let me know.

DashHawk splash screens by MShreve:
mazdaspeed.bmp

mazdaspeed2.bmp

mazdalogo.bmp

mazdalogo2.bmp

mazdalogo3.bmp

mazdalogo4.bmp

mazdaspeed4.bmp

atenza.bmp

I might make some other variations of splash screens later, these were my first attempts.

DashHawk splash screens from other sources:

evilMazda.bmp

Mazda.bmp

Mazdadhlogo2.bmp

mazdaspeed5.bmp

MPS.bmp

More later...

Last edited:
BTW Ken, can you order just the OBDII cable that comes with the dashhawk?
First thing I did was shut it in the door of the car and broke 2 pins off. :( It still plugs in and works, but I was hoping to replaced it.

Could you make a splash screen with just 'mazdaspeed' emblem on one line and just the outline?

Good work on the calculations.

The extension cable was $20, and I believe MSD sells replacement cables for $25. Couldn't find them though.

Could you make a splash screen with just 'mazdaspeed' emblem on one line and just the outline?

Good work on the calculations.

The extension cable was $20, and I believe MSD sells replacement cables for $25. Couldn't find them though.

I tried to get the mazdaspeed outline all on one line, but the DH requires a 128x64 image @ 300dpi...which makes it almost unreadable. I might be able to do a filled one, but it will still look very pixelated.

I plan on doing another one later with the Mazda logo, maybe I'll give the MazdaSpeed outline another try and let you decide.

I couldn't find the cable on MSD's site either, and gave up on their support after being on hold for 15 min.

Ok, I added some Mazda logos.

I also added the one you requested tunersteve. I can't get it to look quite right, but it looks alright on the DH I suppose.

BTW Ken, can you order just the OBDII cable that comes with the dashhawk?
First thing I did was shut it in the door of the car and broke 2 pins off. :( It still plugs in and works, but I was hoping to replaced it.

i personally cannot get these but if you email MSD they should be able to replace it

Remember too when calculating vehicle weight, you will want to account for your weight along with any additional extra weight in the car. It will improve the accuracy.

here's another request, can you do the MPS logo from the euro/JDM cars?

Somebody in that thread I linked above made one (page 2 or 3). Let me know if you want something different than that.

Edit: Is this what you're talking about?
attachment.php

The MPS logo from the other thread was a jpg, so I converted it to the proper bmp and added it to the OP.

Give me the the size, image mode and dpi and I'd be happy to make some also :). Great stuff...

Back