Dashboard/Car wash frequency

Just curious what everyone does when cleaning out their car, what product do you use on the dashboard and how do you apply it? I cleaned my car this last weekend, and used the Armor All wipes and it was a pain in the ass, the texture ended up causing serious problems, and made it difficult to get an even application everywhere, and the interior is full of different types of textures.

Also, how often do you guys wash your car? I've hit it every weekend so far, and plan to do so again this weekend (damn Florida and the rainy season!).

I wash my car about every other week or as needed. There just happens to be a nice place up the road that does a great job for $15. Hard to pass up.

As far as the internal is concerned -- I clean it about once every 6-8 weeks. Of course, I don't let any garbage or anything else accumulate in my car.

Regarding the dash, I don't use armour all. It doesn't always look right and it does take forever. I use a damp cloth just to remove the dust. That is all you really need to do. If you want to armour all the shift boot and polish the shift knob, it adds a nice touch. Cleaning the internal sides of the glass / radio / instrument panel with a good glass cleaner is a must though! I spend more time on this than anything. Driving at night (or even in the evenings) is totally different when you have really clean glass.

use Meguiars Interior Quick detailer on the dash, and panels.no oily residue and it makes it look great

Sure! You just have all the answers!!!

I use nothing but 100% Dihydrogen Oxide. It works better than anything!

<--------------

use Meguiars Interior Quick detailer on the dash, and panels.no oily residue and it makes it look great

this is what I have used on mine, and I know a thing or 2 about car detailing, seeing as I kinda have a side business detailing for the last 4-5 years.

I don't know, I heard Dihydrogen Oxide was odoroless, tasteless and undetecteable by all standards of test ;)

I was under the impression that Armor All helped protect your plastic/rubber from age damage, living in Florida causes a lot of heat and sun degredation that I'd just as soon prevent as much as possible. I'll check out the Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer and see what I find.

Thanks a ton guys (and I just realized I posted this in the Speed forum and not the Mazda3 one, oh well, you guys are fanatics and who better to get answers from?!).

<--------------

this is what I have used on mine, and I know a thing or 2 about car detailing, seeing as I kinda have a side business detailing for the last 4-5 years.
I also use the Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer. I do not like a super shiny dash and this stuff just makes it look clean.

I apply it with a microfiber towel.

I wash my car almost once a week (give or take).

I use the Meguiars quick detailer in the big honking bottle. Spray it on a microfiber towel, and wipe down the entire interior, all vinyl, dash, console etc... then finish up with a vacuum and meguiars leather treatment for the seats.

I tried the turtlewax ICE interior stuff and it was pretty good on my old beater chevy tracker. Took out a TON of stains and nastiness :)

I'd use some sort of treatment on the steering wheel. I used to do it every weekend and after a few years of not doing it the steering wheel is starting to wear/crack =(.

I'd use some sort of treatment on the steering wheel. I used to do it every weekend and after a few years of not doing it the steering wheel is starting to wear/crack =(.

The stearing wheel is probably my biggest concern, the leather it's made out of seems to be a very stiff, dry leather, and being right up in the windshield gets a lot of sun damage, not to mention, our grubby hands are all over it all the time, so it's probably one of the most hard-worn car parts. Will the Meguiars Quick Detail treat it and prevent it's degradation?

I also use Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer for the dash. Not only does it clean very well and leave a matte and not shiny finish, it provides UV protection.
If you're extremely concerned about UV degradation, you get should your windows tinted.

For the steering wheel, using a leather cleaner and conditioner. I use Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Spray. Easy to acquire, not too expensive, works well and smells incredible. Makes your steering wheel and shift knob feel soft. Also provides UV protection.

You mean to tell me that everyone elses interior doesn't look like MINE! You should be ashamed to wipe your dash down with just a damp rag. Lube it up!

ProjectMS307012-1.jpg

ProjectMS307013.jpg

ProjectMS307014-1.jpg

To clear things up, this is NOT my car!

Back