Dam it.

It can be done without taking the bumper off, just requires some creative positioning of the hand. If you cant do it, taking the bumper off isn't so bad. I have a MS6, but I think its like 4 screws, and 12 plastic clips

It can be done without taking the bumper off, just requires some creative positioning of the hand. If you cant do it, taking the bumper off isn't so bad. I have a MS6, but I think its like 4 screws, and 12 plastic clips

how you do that... MS6 D2S hid bulbs are hard enough to change with the headlight housings out... they dont just pop in and out :(

umm, yall talking about Fog lights? cause it sounds like he said headlights.
not hard at all. buy correct bulb. open hood, reach down behind headlight, open dust cover, turn and extract low beam plug/bulb. replace bulb.
repeat steps in backwards order.

done. lol?

umm, yall talking about Fog lights? cause it sounds like he said headlights.
not hard at all. buy correct bulb. open hood, reach down behind headlight, open dust cover, turn and extract low beam plug/bulb. replace bulb.
repeat steps in backwards order.

done. lol?

okok you go try it haha... the D2S low beams are hard to install when you have the headlight housing sitting in front of you... the bulbs sit loosely on the projector, one way to sit flush in the indents (can fall out really easy) and then there is a retainer ring that has slots for pegs on the bulb base, then only fits on the projector one way, then you have to twist it to clamp it. what makes matters worse is that you cant really move the huge D2S plug out of the way..... that was almost impossible on the kitchen table lol

hmm i forget what i changed then... hi beams or the parking light? cause that was easy. i guess the stock HIDs would be difficult with that hold assembly jammed in there.

the way everyone was tlaking about it made it seem like they was talking bout the fog lights lol.
so you used the stock plugs for aftermarket HID bulbs? i was thinking of changing the temps.

I already fixed it and it was a pain in the ass to change, I could not really fit my hand in that tight space and could not figure out how to put back on that clip with out looking at what I was doing. After a long while of fooling with it I was mad so I just took it to this shop down the road and they installed for me real quick by opening half of that plastic under the fender and sticking there hand through it.

there you go, through fender makes sense. once i do it i may just remove bumper and headlights.
I have done it a few times now, so it'd take no time at all.

i just got D2S HID bulbs in a different temp to replace the oem HID bulbs... but i did install ballasts and rebased H11 bulbs for fogs

hmm i forget what i changed then... hi beams or the parking light? cause that was easy. i guess the stock HIDs would be difficult with that hold assembly jammed in there.

the way everyone was tlaking about it made it seem like they was talking bout the fog lights lol.
so you used the stock plugs for aftermarket HID bulbs? i was thinking of changing the temps.

Back