CX-9 Picture Thread

2014 GT FWD

IMG_6813-L.jpg

Dealer installed pin stripes with "squiggle" and logo.

pin-strip_squiggle-L.jpg

pin-strip_logo-M.jpg

The New Nine!

Trying to get some activity in these threads :)
Here's mine, picked up middle of last week: 2014 Mazda CX-9 AWD GT w/ Tech Package - Meteor Gray Mica (42A) . Fully detailed on Saturday:

IMG_2349_zps0dc476ce.jpg

IMG_2337_zps963fce31.jpg

IMG_2340_zps8bb60e62.jpg

IMG_2341_zps023cde28.jpg

Darn clouds wouldn't go away on some of the shots, so they are a little dull.

Exterior Products Used:
Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash and Conditioner
Meguiar's Clay Bar process (hood and shoulders)
Meguiar's Quik Detailer
Meguiar's Ultimate Wax (4 coats horizontal surfaces, 2 on verticals)
Meguiar's Gold Class Carnuba Plus Wax (Wheels, mirror and roof top coat)
Wenol Metal Polish/Protectant (exhaust tips)
Meguiar's Ulimate Shine and Protect (black plastics)
Meguiar's Headlight Protectant
Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel

Interior (although there aren't any pics, yet):
Meguiar's G3800 Leather Kit (seal and protect)
Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer
Meguiar's Ultimate Shine and Protect

I sound like a billboard for Meguiar's, but I've been using their stuff since the early 2000's and have always been impressed by the quality and results :) Sounds like a ton of work for a brand new car, but I figured if i start out right (fully protected, contaminants removed) it will just make my life easier in the future.

Last edited:
Looks great !! you got that deep dark shine going on the meteor mica.

I felt the stock Dueler H/L 400 tires were absolutely horrible in the snow and ice though, CX-9 slid even at the slightest snow

I swapped them out for CrossContact LX20 with EcoPlus Technology, so much better

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=CrossContact+LX20+with+EcoPlus+Technology&partnum=46TR8CCLX20&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Mazda&autoYear=2013&autoModel=CX-9&autoModClar=Touring%20AWD

Last edited:
Looks great !! you got that deep dark shine going on the meteor mica.

My felt the stock Dueler H/L 400 tires were absolutely horrible in the snow and ice though, CX-9 slid even at the slightest snow

I swapped them out for CrossContact LX20 with EcoPlus Technology, so much better

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=CrossContact+LX20+with+EcoPlus+Technology&partnum=46TR8CCLX20&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Mazda&autoYear=2013&autoModel=CX-9&autoModClar=Touring%20AWD

@avidien, thanks for the compliment man! So much surface to cover, but I'm pleased with the results. Nice to work on something with *almost* no blemishes (found two small chips on the driver side, rear door and rear quarter panel. Super small though, a drop of touch up will fix it).

I'm not looking forward to the Dueler H/L 400. Once I bought it, I looked up replacements on tire rack and for s***'s and giggles I looked up the OEM... It's ranked 33rd out of 35 in customer survey. Tire is bad on everything apparently, and in general is a detriment to society and a blight on the human race :) LOL. Only good thing is it has such atrocious tread wear rating (260, are you freakin' serious?! snow tires have better tread wear), they probably won't last long. Maybe an extreme view (rofl2), but I just don't understand why MFG stock tires are soooo bad....

I have a set of Enkei RSF5 17's that I took off my old 6 before I traded it and was thinking about doing a winter set with Blizzak DM-1V's, but I'm concerned the 17's will look dumb on such a big vehicle. The wheels themselves are nice though.

Thanks for the reccomendation! I'll be checking them out. And if anyone else has a tire recco, I'd appreciate it :)

Last edited:
Exterior Products Used:
Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash and Conditioner
Meguiar's Clay Bar process (hood and shoulders)
Meguiar's Quik Detailer
Meguiar's Ultimate Wax (4 coats horizontal surfaces, 2 on verticals)
Meguiar's Gold Class Carnuba Plus Wax (Wheels, mirror and roof top coat)
Wenol Metal Polish/Protectant (exhaust tips)
Meguiar's Ulimate Shine and Protect (black plastics)
Meguiar's Headlight Protectant
Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel

Interior (although there aren't any pics, yet):
Meguiar's G3800 Leather Kit (seal and protect)
Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer
Meguiar's Ultimate Shine and Protect

I sound like a billboard for Meguiar's, but I've been using their stuff since the early 2000's and have always been impressed by the quality and results :) Sounds like a ton of work for a brand new car, but I figured if i start out right (fully protected, contaminants removed) it will just make my life easier in the future.

Thats some good stuff right there, I am a Meguiars junky myself, Just washed mine yesterday with megs stuff and added a coat of Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax. good stuff.

Thats some good stuff right there, I am a Meguiars junky myself, Just washed mine yesterday with megs stuff and added a coat of Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax. good stuff.

Oh yeah, I'm glad I protected it when I did, as the crappy weather we have had the last week and half would test any paint protection. Probably won't be able to wash again until Saturday, but at least it's supposed to be in the 50's (heat wave!! (lol2))

Woot! Good on you @Reggie Watts for throwing up some "real life pictures"... I guess you're getting closer to converting your car to that "Titanium Flash Mica" from the other thread (naughty)

Woot! Good on you @Reggie Watts for throwing up some "real life pictures"... I guess you're getting closer to converting your car to that "Titanium Flash Mica" from the other thread (naughty)
Ha! I just never wash my cars! With frequent enough rainfall, the car actually doesnt look too dirty most of the time.

Snowy Day:

IMG_2734_zps1a64db4f.jpg

not nearly as much as the NE, I know. But I have no desire to live there either :D

Here's a couple of photos of my 2015 CX-9. It's a GS with the Luxury Package. The colour is Aluminum. Love it so far.

IMG_1799.JPG
IMG_1801.JPG

IMG_2793_zpsyx7zhozp.jpg

Meteor Gray Mica (42) after Wash, Clay, Mequiar's 7 Mirror Glaze, and Gold Class Plus carnuba liquid wax :) Whole car looks stunning, but has a light coating of dust on it now thanks to where I have to park at work...

Voldsom, that looks sweet, love the color, same color I have, did you take a wide angle shot of the whole car, I would like to see how well the Mequiar's 7 Mirror Glaze works. I'm assuming it's a extremely fine grit polish that removes the swirls from the clearcoat ? what kind of pad do you use with it ?

DoubleJ96, that looks awesome, nothing like a black car just washed and waxed.
Are the rims Plasti-dipped ?

Last edited:
Voldsom, that looks sweet, love the color, same color I have, did you take a wide angle shot of the whole car, I would like to see how well the Mequiar's 7 Mirror Glaze works. I'm assuming it's a extremely fine grit polish that removes the swirls from the clearcoat ? what kind of pad do you use with it ?

She gets a fine coating of dust every day, so the extra blast of shine is dulled somewhat at this point (the struggle of pride to clean and shine the vehicle vs. the realities of life). Here she is after about 24 hours and 60 miles of driving since the wash/detail.

As for the Mirror Glaze, that is correct. It's a yellow, somewhat liquid product (more so than liquid wax) that has some very light grittiness to it as it's applied, feels more like a stickiness. It goes on pretty smoothly and has the directions to not let it dry, pretty much a classic Mr. Miyagi "Wax on, wax off". I believe Meguiar's describes it as an micro polish and it is clear coat safe. I won't be using the product as often as I wax, as I don't want to polish too much. It hazes some as it goes on and comes off with a little more effort than a modern wax (but similar to classic waxes), i.e. takes a few clean microfiber cloth passes. I hand apply with a microfiber applicator pad.

IMG_2794_zpsookjaixb.jpg

IMG_2795_zpsfxdou9lc.jpg

IMG_2797_zpsx9csimul.jpg

DoubleJ96, that looks awesome, nothing like a black car just washed and waxed.
Are the rims Plasti-dipped ?

Thanks, the wheels are plastidipped.

Man, i need to get mine detailed. Its had nasty swirl marks in the paint since i purchased it. Probably a big reason ive yet to bother taking any pictures of it.

Back