CX-9 Loaner

joe427

:
2015 CX-5 GT tech
What a nice SUV.
Ride is very quiet and smooth but can get busy on bumps but still nice.I was actually shocked by how smooth the ride is on big 20" tires.
Plenty of pep flooring it at 30 MPH.Interior is ok but that's about it.Comfortable seats.Mediocre Bose like the CX-5.Infotainment still crappy.
Too big for our needs but a nice SUV for $41K list.

Funny they gave you a CX9 loaner. As both times ive had my CX9 in for service, i was given a CX5 GT as a loaner. Which actually worked to there advantage, because if they ever release a decent engine with a manual trans, a CX5 will def be my next purchase. Its a shame they only give you the no power 2.0 with a manual currently.

I was told there's big incentives on the '15 CX-9.
Purchase a $2K cash and loyalty incentive for about $3K and some haggling can easily get $5K+ off a GT.
$2500 lease cash and Loyalty incentive.

What a nice SUV.
Ride is very quiet and smooth but can get busy on bumps but still nice.I was actually shocked by how smooth the ride is on big 20" tires.
Plenty of pep flooring it at 30 MPH.Interior is ok but that's about it.Comfortable seats.Mediocre Bose like the CX-5.Infotainment still crappy.
Too big for our needs but a nice SUV for $41K list.
You are pretty much dead on. I bought mine in '12, and I was shocked at how smooth the ride was with 20" tires; I was comparing it to a Highlander Limited with 19". The Highlander was a little more isolated, but I really liked the way the CX-9 rode. The '12 infotainment is pretty weak too. As much as I love the CX-9, with the Highlander and Santa Fe redesigns since I bought mine, and the new Sorento coming, I would not get the current CX-9 if I had to replace it.

I was told there's big incentives on the '15 CX-9.
Purchase a $2K cash and loyalty incentive for about $3K and some haggling can easily get $5K+ off a GT.
$2500 lease cash and Loyalty incentive.

I have no doubt--I got over $6,000 off when I bought mine, and now it's in its 9th MY....

The ride is a little better with the 18" wheels, which is one of the reasons I went with the Touring. Unfortunately with Mazda that means giving up some Grand Touring features that I actually wanted.

As much as I love the CX-9, with the Highlander and Santa Fe redesigns since I bought mine, and the new Sorento coming, I would not get the current CX-9 if I had to replace it.

I bought my CX-9 in 2009. I thought it was the best at the time I and have been watching the segment closely to see when someone would make a better 3-row CUV. There haven't been many. The Explorer, Pathfinder and Santa Fe don't seem to really move the bar in the segment from where it was 5+ years ago. I find only two of the newer entrants to be intriguing. I like the new Highlander a lot. I also like the Durango but that car has a little less universal appeal. The next out of the gate is the Pilot. We'll see.

I bought my CX-9 in 2009. I thought it was the best at the time I and have been watching the segment closely to see when someone would make a better 3-row CUV. There haven't been many. The Explorer, Pathfinder and Santa Fe don't seem to really move the bar in the segment from where it was 5+ years ago. I find only two of the newer entrants to be intriguing. I like the new Highlander a lot. I also like the Durango but that car has a little less universal appeal. The next out of the gate is the Pilot. We'll see.

I don't doubt that, as far as handling go, that is still true. But as to features and tech, and MPG, which most families probably value more than sporty handling, Mazda has fallen behind. The 2016 Pilot looks like Honda means business in this segment.

Back