:
1988 Yugo. Roadmaster cassette, 10" steel rims, Fuzzy Dice
-

Attachments

• cx9mold.jpg
    cx9mold.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,322
Last edited:
What I'm looking for is the door edge liners that go on the trailing edges of the doors. Mazda sells them for many of their other cars, but none for the CX-9 yet.

I had this on my Jetta wagon. I can tell you first hand that it saved my car from many dents. I had multiple creases in the door molding.

CX-9 Door Molding

Where can I find this door molding? I just bought a 2007 CX-9 and want to prevent door dings?

It's cheaper directly from Sportwing. If the dealer includes installation for the $30.00 difference, fine. If not, they aren't that hard to install if a person is reasonably handy.

Sportwing uses the same moldings for both the CX-7 and CX-9. When I bought mine they sent the CX-7 set and scribbled out the CX-7 and wrote CX-9. My installation looks idential the CX-9 pictures so both sets are the same length.

Ted

Last edited:
This is not a scam site. I removed my original posting when I realized that the sportwing price I got was the same as they sell to the public. I thought buying in bulk got me a discount. Therefore, a $30 markup with free shipping is not unreasonable.

Since I cannot deliver value beyond what sportwing offers, I removed my posting, and I will not be buying these anymore.

Unfortunately, I cannot remove the quote of the original posting.

We are a Mazda dealer, and all of our OE Mazda parts and accessories are sold at 20% off dealer MSRP. That's hardly a scam or ripoff.

I had no intention of ripping anyone off, I just wanted to offer more products to our cutomers. we install these moldings on new vehicles and charge $149 on new cars, which is a reasonable charge for an installed product.

I hate that I have to defend myself here, but I want to keep the members of this board informed, and keep my integrity intact.

Furthermore, if you look through our site, you can see all of our information, including phone numbers and address in the about us section. I have attempted to keep our information on the site open so that everything appears legitimate.

I can understand some of the comments on this thread, and I wish I could have changed the thread earlier, but I invite all of you to contact me for any other Mazda part need you have. We sell remote starts, sirius radio, ipod connectors, floor mats, and all other OE accessories at wholesale prices. All with free shipping over $100.

So please give me a chance, and I'll take care of you.

-Justin Owen
MazdaPartsZone.com
Nelson Mazda
Tulsa, OK

This is not a scam site ... So please give me a chance, and I'll take care of you.

-Justin Owen
MazdaPartsZone.com
Nelson Mazda
Tulsa, OK

I've gotten stuff from Justin and they ARE NOT a scam. He provides great service and I highly recommend him!

I should have posted on this thread earlier as well. The "scam" comments were way overboard in my opinion; particularly directed at a forum sponsor based on one item price and a photo question.

There is a big difference between overpriced and a scam; Justin has explained the pricing issue but even without his explanation the critical responses would have been a lot more helpful and reasonable if they had just pointed out the better pricing from sportwing direct rather than sensationalizing the issue. (Some later posters did provide the useful comparison rather than the unwarranted complaints.)

I ordered my molding from sportwing based on the pricing; but I also got great customer service from Justin @ mazdapartszone.com on 2008 service manuals.

-Jeff

It's cheaper directly from Sportwing. If the dealer includes installation for the $30.00 difference, fine. If not, they aren't that hard to install if a person is reasonably handy.

Sportwing uses the same moldings for both the CX-7 and CX-9. When I bought mine they sent the CX-7 set and scribbled out the CX-7 and wrote CX-9. My installation looks idential the CX-9 pictures so both sets are the same length.

Ted

I can tell you for certain Sportwing uses different pieces for the CX-7 and CX-9. Also, the directions for the CX-7 state an 11" installation height vs 12" for the CX-9.

I just installed these today. Color match is spot-on, and quality is reasonable in other respects.

I can tell you for certain Sportwing uses different pieces for the CX-7 and CX-9. Also, the directions for the CX-7 state an 11" installation height vs 12" for the CX-9.

I just installed these today. Color match is spot-on, and quality is reasonable in other respects.

How does the installation height prove the length of the pieces are any different or that they don't use the same kit for both vehicles, just changing the part number and install instructions? Simply because the installation instructions are different between the CX7 and CX9 proves nothing in that regard.

Even though my kit had the CX7 marked out and CX9 written in the kit came with the CX9 install instructions.

Let's measure the length of the pieces for our respective kits and post what those lengths are. Let's see if there are any significant differences. I'll bet there aren't.

Mine measure approximately 1 1/2" x 41 3/8" front and 1 1/2" x 26 3/8" for the rear.

Ted

Last edited:
How does the installation height prove the length of the pieces are any different or that they don't use the same kit for both vehicles, just changing the part number and install instructions? Simply because the installation instructions are different between the CX7 and CX9 proves nothing in that regard.

Let's measure the length of the pieces for our respective kits and post what those lengths are. Let's see if there are any significant differences. I'll bet there aren't.

Mine measure approximately 41 3/8" front and 26 3/8" for the rear.

Ted

The moldings on my CX-9 front doors measure 1.5" x 41.5" and rear moldings measure 1.5" x 26.5".

The moldings on my CX-9 front doors measure 1.5" x 41.5" and rear moldings measure 1.5" x 26.5".

Mine are 1.5" wide as well.

Just what I thought. It's the same kit for both vehicles just different install instructions depending on which vehicle the kit is going on. That also explains the same pricing for both.

Ted

Bsm

I have a set of these on my CX-9. I had the dealer install them during a service visit. I don't remember what it was but it was reasonable. They had never seen them but we were all impressed with the color match and the sleek look. They don't catch all of the dings, but they do a good job.

Craig

It's so funny to read this. I used to own a Mazda 6 and then a Mazdaspeed 6. All of the 6 owners I knew couldn't wait to remove these ding guards to clean up the appearance of the cra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back