CX-7 Gas Mileage = OUCh!

cardude

:
2009 Mazda CX-7
So after my very first fuel economy check....my 2009 CX-7 got a whopping 21.75 MPG.

Now my wife does sit in 405 Freeway traffic everyday day so this number was not so unexpected.

But how do you increase the fuel economy on a CX-7?

If you drive around in the manual mode can you net better MPG?

I noticed the car shifts really soon and Im in 4th gear by about 20 MPH and 6th gear at like 40 MPH

My wife doesn't sit in traffic, doesn't go over 75 and is on constant freeway for 32 miles of her 35 mile commute to work and gets 22-23 constantly. You will not do much better. When I drive her car I get like 19 and I don't beat or baby it.

those are actually good numbers. i recently got 230 miles on a full tank. i'm trying to neutral bomb down big hills and keep it in 6th above 40 mph. i also try to keep the rpm's below 2000 when i hear the intake and bpv start to suck.

Its better to gear up to 6th and stay off the gas down big hills then to throw it in neutral. The injectors shut off in gear while rolling hard down hill as opposed to still staying on in neutral to keep the car idling. Just FYI.

Its better to gear up to 6th and stay off the gas down big hills then to throw it in neutral. The injectors shut off in gear while rolling hard down hill as opposed to still staying on in neutral to keep the car idling. Just FYI.

did not know that. thanks man.

Back