2017~2024 CX-5 Wiper Blade replacement questions

:
2019 CX5 GT-R
Hello All. My 2019 CX5 needs a wiper balde replacement. Instead of replacing the entire blade i think im fine with just replacing the rubber inserts.
Any place i could buy OEM grade inserts for my CX5. I google a lot but couldnt find anywhere i could just buy the inserts alone. Couple of websites are charging almost 35$ to ship to my home at Ontario Canada. Please advise.

I bought them from ebay from a Mazda dealer. The wiper inserts are overpriced - was $23 when I bought them in about a year and half ago in 2021, now $32. Just replaced the originals last week actually.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

However, did a search on eBay and you can get both for about $28. Those are U.S. prices. Hopefully you can find one with cheap shipping to Canada.

Last edited:
I also recently applied some ceramic spray wax to the windshield and it really reduces the need for wipers in rainy conditions.

Looks like shipping from Mazda Escondido to Ontario Canada (in the first ebay link) is ~11.50. You can also ask your local Mazda dealer for the price for both, I'm actually curious how big of a difference there is. Usually online is the better deal.

Hello All. My 2019 CX5 needs a wiper balde replacement. Instead of replacing the entire blade i think im fine with just replacing the rubber inserts.
Any place i could buy OEM grade inserts for my CX5. I google a lot but couldnt find anywhere i could just buy the inserts alone. Couple of websites are charging almost 35$ to ship to my home at Ontario Canada. Please advise.
In Canada, you can try mazdashop.ca to get 3 rubber inserts for your 2019 CX-5. You can compare the price to your local Mazda dealer price.

Yes the price on Mazda OEM parts has gone up a lot for the last 2 ~ 3 years. The OEM rear shock for my 2016 CX-5 AWD used to be about $80+ USD, now is selling for $224.80 USD each!!! 🤪

TK48-67-333 is driver side, TK78-67-333 is passenger side.
This’s an old post back in Dec. 2021:
Out of curiosity these are OEM rubber inserts for gen-2 CX-5 with “beam” type windshield wipers:

TK48-67-333 - $9.29 MSRP (Front driver side)
TK78-67-333 - $8.58 MSRP (Front passenger side)
G22E-67-333 - $12.05 MSRP (Rear)

Yes the price on Mazda OEM parts has gone up a lot for the last 2 ~ 3 years. The OEM rear shock for my 2016 CX-5 AWD used to be about $80+ USD, now is selling for $224.80 USD each!!! 🤪

Dang, can't blame the Brandon administration on that one!

I also noticed that Mazda changed the parts for some mysterious reason on the 22+. For example, the factory hitch:

Hmm, they look identical to me?

I will say the Mazda wiper blades seem to last a lot longer than the ones on my last Lexus, so they seem well made. Only really needed to replace them after about 4 years.

Dang, can't blame the Brandon administration on that one!

I also noticed that Mazda changed the parts for some mysterious reason on the 22+. For example, the factory hitch:

Hmm, they look identical to me?
So the price for the same hitch with a new part number: from $292.95 ~> $369.95? :unsure:

That’s another way to Jack up the price with a different part number?

I will say the Mazda wiper blades seem to last a lot longer than the ones on my last Lexus, so they seem well made. Only really needed to replace them after about 4 years.
Agreed. My 3 original wiper blades on my 2016 CX-5 lasted about 5 years and replaced them with OEM rubber inserts. IMO that’s the cheaper and better way than replacing the entire blades.

Anchorman has mentioned our OEM wiper blades are made by Denso (Toyota). It’s funny that you said they’re better than those on your previous Lexus where its wipers should be made by Denso too.

This’s a Nov. 2021 post for gen-1 CX-5 rubber inserts:

Almost everything has gone up significantly nowadays. These are the MSRP comparison for OEM wiper refills on my 2016 gen-1 CX-5:

My purchase in Nov., 2020:

GS1D-67-333 - $8.33 MSRP (Front driver side)
KD53-67-333 - $8.16 MSRP (Front passenger side)
G22E-67-333 - $8.10 MSRP (Rear)

Now:

GS1D-67-333 - $10.74 MSRP (Front driver side)
KD53-67-333 - $8.56 MSRP (Front passenger side)
G22E-67-333 - $12.05 MSRP (Rear)

This’s a Nov. 2021 post for gen-1 CX-5 rubber inserts:
Yes, they went up like everything else. For those refills that I posted, I paid about $10 each back in May 2021 from Amazon. But they are still worth it. Maybe I need to get some more before the price rises again.

Latest posts

Back