CX-5 Turbo is the best AWD SUV for the money

He actually paid $49,394 for the vehicle.

Vehicle $49,394
Less trade -$25,500
equals $23,894
Plus 13% tax $3,106
equals $27,000 – which is the amount he said he gave the dealership
As I have no idea what taxes/title fees are at the place he purchased (they vary quite a bit in the US as well), the amount I used was what the buyer listed in his post.... He said 27k out the door which, of course, includes fees.

Why Mazda decided to have different trim levels and whatnot between the US and Canada

Only thing it doesn't come with that the Signature does have is the front/rear park sensors, 360 camera, and frameless rearview mirror. All things I could easily live without.
Not just Mazda, pretty much all manufacturers

The CX-5 has reasonable outward visibility contrary to my previous ride, a 2017.5 Murano which had the 360 camera. I would have never bought the Murano without the camera. It took me a while to get used without it on my CX-5 as it gets very addictive but if you never had one before, you will not feel like you're missing it!

Not just Mazda, pretty much all manufacturers

The CX-5 has reasonable outward visibility contrary to my previous ride, a 2017.5 Murano which had the 360 camera. I would have never bought the Murano without the camera. It took me a while to get used without it on my CX-5 as it gets very addictive but if you never had one before, you will not feel like you're missing it!
Yea it really wasn't that bad when I test drove a 2023. I've driven a truck for the last 8 years and even though I have front/rear park sensors and backup camera I very rarely use any of them as I just know the vehicle well enough.

When I bought my CX-5 GT-R in 2019 I was prepared to spend up to $50k for an AWD SUV. The Mazda came out on top in every category that mattered and was well under my budget. I have been very pleased with it, the car drives very well, is quiet and comfortable, handles well for an SUV and with the turbo engine has plenty of power. Of course I wish it had another 50 HP but it is more than adequate. I would not however suggest the non-turbo engine. I live in the mountains and with 3 passengers and some luggage in the back it doesn't have any problem with power but with less it might be pushing it a bit.

I would have liked some of the extra features found in the top model but I found the smooth, dark brown leather to be fugly (especially in a Machine Gray exterior color) and the black headliner made the car feel claustrophobic. The black leather and white headliner looks good and makes the car feel more roomy.

I would have liked some of the extra features found in the top model but I found the smooth, dark brown leather to be fugly (especially in a Machine Gray exterior color) and the black headliner made the car feel claustrophobic. The black leather and white headliner looks good and makes the car feel more roomy.
I agree. Same reason I opted for the GT-R vs. the Signature.

Yes, agreed!

And why Mazda offers only one interior color choice on its top-of-the-line trim is a mystery to me!

It is interesting you would say the seats in the Mazda are better, as that is one of the sore points for many with the CX-5.

I can’t find a better AWD turbo SUV myself. I’m looking at new vehicles after my ‘13 was (likely) totaled this morning, and I’m really digging the ‘23 Turbo. Finance rates are high and the ‘23 has better rates than the ‘24. We’ll see how this shakes out.

Latest posts

Back