2017~2024 CX-5 Sat Nav Speed Camera Alerts?

I have recently purchased a new Mazda CX 5 Exclusive Line in England.
When setting up the sat nav I have ticked the appropriate boxes for audio and visual alert warnings for speed cameras.
Unfortunately I do not get any visual or audio alerts on the sat nav or on the heads up display.
I have been back to the dealer and they say it is hit and miss and I should use the Waze App
and now the Mazda Technician says you don't get audiable alerts. Anyone else had this problem.:rolleyes:

(in USA, but...) Our 2019 provides voice alerts for cameras, but I understand that changed with the later MY updated radio systems (10" screen). My 2023 CX-50 does not provide the alerts. I usually use Google nav (via Android Auto) and that gives alerts, but only a soft ping, and only when navigation is active :(

Do you see an icon in the navigation map at all?
bear in mind mazda maps are behind and I think at least in US its red light cameras not speed traps. What you refer to must be a feature specific to Europe.

Likely your software needs updating or a fix.

my 2018 never speaks about the red light cameras but if I am on the nav screen I do see the red camera icon on some intersections.
My 2022 with gen7 infotainment does not have the red light cams at all as option.

Best option to me is get a proper radar detector or use waze. Wouldnt rely on nav maps for that.

You could also ask the folks in the uk forum.

Last edited:
mazda maps are behind and I think at least in US its red light cameras not speed traps. What you refer to must be a feature specific to Europe.
Our 2019 provides voice alerts for cameras
As I said, our car does provide spoken speed camera AND red light camera alerts. "Speed camera ahead, reduce your speed" or "Red light camera ahead, reduce your speed". Often the message is repeated as you approach, though not always.

I also have the same problem. The speed and red camera alerts are very intermittent. The mapping software released in December 2023 was updated (5 hours at the dealership updating for the whole time - the dealership had to download the latest version of Mazda toolbox) and the problem still exists. Sometimes it will fail to notify the existence of cameras that it has previously given a warning. I also get intermittent warnings of 'congestion charge zone' ahead when in the middle of nowhere, eg travelling down the M1 motorway. My car is a Mazda CX5 Exclusive line model registered September 2023. My infortainment software version is 10012. I am trying to find out if there is a later version. It has been suggested on a forum thread that there is a version 10016 but my dealership insists that the first one is the current one. I would be interested to know if anyone had had a resolution to this as it only appears to affect 2023 model cars with the Mazda Connect 2 system.
I am wondering if the fault lies in relationship to the infortainment system rather than the mapping itself.

Your guess is as good as mine! Apparently I am not the only one to experience this after reading posts on another forum.

Back