CX-5 Photos - Share your shots with us!

Traded in my 2012 Speed3 for a 2016.5 CX-5 GT with tech. I always loved the CX-5 since I first saw it at the dealer in 2012, I do miss the speed but love my CX-5. With a wife and 2 kids, this is a more practical car...
8mWHTKYl.jpg

Ea6F6Cml.jpg

Loaded up I imagine that is close to the EU towing limits. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable towing a trailer of that size with my CX-5. Towing my 14" boat in the wind is noticeable... I can only imagine the white knuckle drive even at 35MPH with that behind you.

Here is my current setup - great for hauling bikes and scooting around.

143570bb94d785203bedefa33500e2dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like the setup alot. Was thinking about that type of blue before I went with my color scheme. Are you lowered?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Like the setup alot. Was thinking about that type of blue before I went with my color scheme. Are you lowered?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words. I was lowered on H&R's but wanted a bigger drop so installed some Corksport springs - current ride height as seen in the photo.

Here is my current setup - great for hauling bikes and scooting around.

143570bb94d785203bedefa33500e2dd.jpg

Mind if I suggest something? Well 2 things now since I saw something else since starting this post.

Have you considered removing the plasti-dip from the inside the mazda logo? You can remove it without removing it off the emblem with a toothpick. Once it starts to lift up a piece, you just pull on it.

The other was also plasti-dipping or removing the skyactiv emblem for consistancy. You removed the CX-5 part, so clean on both sides would work, you blacked out the mazda logo, so black for both would work. I know it isnt my car and its your style that matters, so just a suggestion, take it or leave it.

Here it is with the center of the mazda logo removed of plasti-dip and the skyactive plasti-dipped in the same color as your car
SWs70Ap.jpg

Mind if I suggest something? Well 2 things now since I saw something else since starting this post.

Have you considered removing the plasti-dip from the inside the mazda logo? You can remove it without removing it off the emblem with a toothpick. Once it starts to lift up a piece, you just pull on it.

The other was also plasti-dipping or removing the skyactiv emblem for consistancy. You removed the CX-5 part, so clean on both sides would work, you blacked out the mazda logo, so black for both would work. I know it isnt my car and its your style that matters, so just a suggestion, take it or leave it.

Here it is with the center of the mazda logo removed of plasti-dip and the skyactive plasti-dipped in the same color as your car
SWs70Ap.jpg

Appreciate the suggestions!

There isn't Plasti-Dip inside the Mazda logo - I had laid down a little carbon fiber vinyl so it peeks through the blacked out emblem. Hard to see in the photo - sorry!

I was going to remove the Skyactiv emblem, but I kinda liked it there as it represents the philosophy of the brand. Thought about blacking it out too, but the letters are inset and black so it would make it a little more obscure. So I just left it as is. Might change my mind and black it out and go with a contrast color on the lettering in the future, but we'll see.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Nice, I like it! Seems like there are alot of CX-5's in the greater LA basin. Surprised there are no group gatherings.

Back